PDA

View Full Version : A hand against stupidsucker I don't like

SmileyEH
10-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Stupidsucker (button) had stolen my blinds too often, and I put him on a weak ace. I still dont like my play though as I really didn't like the folding equity the remainder of my stack gave me - I did however remember stupidsucker raising then then folding to a reraise all in getting ~2-1.

Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed)

Button (t2684)
SB (t3434)
Hero (t1882)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Button raises to t1000</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t600.

Flop: (t2200) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t882 (All-In)</font>

-SmileyEH

lastchance
10-13-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't know if stop and go is the right play here. I think all-in here.

dethgrind
10-13-2004, 10:55 PM
why didnt you push preflop?

SmileyEH
10-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Because I have no folding equity and I think I can make him fold a hand like Ax here, or a smaller pp.

-SmileyEH

durron597
10-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Against a player like stupidsucker, I think this is the best of several options I don't like. Tough situation.

Desdia72
10-13-2004, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stupidsucker (button) had stolen my blinds too often, and I put him on a weak ace. I still dont like my play though as I really didn't like the folding equity the remainder of my stack gave me - I did however remember stupidsucker raising then then folding to a reraise all in getting ~2-1.

Thoughts?

Button (t2684)
SB (t3434)
Hero (t1882)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop: (t2200) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like your play. if i can get criticized for raising with A Jo and A J-suited all-in and get labeled LAG, you can get criticized for raising 53% of your stack with K Q-suited...then going all-in on a rainbow flop with two cards to a flush (may not even be the nuts), an unmade King-high, and barely a straight draw. you're right to not like this play.

Desdia72
10-13-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

Button (t2684)
SB (t3434)
Hero (t1882)

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely not meant to be offensive Smiley, but you really cannot become a successful poker player if you continue to think like this.

stupidsucker
10-14-2004, 01:36 AM
I was wondering if you were going to mention our butting of heads hehe.

Here we are 5 handed I think and I just now notice the moniker SmileyEH1. I say to him "Smiley I think I know you"

Surprised at how, he inquires. I say 2+2 and we exchange some poker banter.

I had been stealing a lot. As I recall I had a lot of good hands, and I knew one of my opponents was tight, and I am fairly sure he knows I am not going to push with absolute crap. For the most part I had been pushing every hand(I think, I am looking up the exact HH as I type.) I was dealt the hand in question on the button first to act. I felt I could widdle the hero down a little more and force him to push in with lesser hands soon. My hand wasnt very good to push all in I thought because I didnt like the big stack calling me. I decided to mix it up a little and bet 1000. My gameplan was to fold to a bigstack reraise but I will call if the small stack pushes.

He threw me for a loop when he coldcalled the bet instead. My gameplan switched to needing to hit a good flop to bet or call anything. I thought he might be holding a monster.

Your play was perfect agaisnt the hand I was holding. You were a huge favorite as my hand was Qxs(I'll keep the x a secret to add to my mystique)

Now here are the hands I pushed with prior to this hand.

BB 300 3handed
Starting with stacks of
Me 3284
Thirdman 2234
Smiley 2482

K2o I fold to a push
76o I fold to the BB
A5o I push first in
QJo I fold to a push
A8o I push from the SB

BB goes up to 400
Stacks are

95o fold
22 fold to a push
K3o I fold from SB

Qxs Hand in question I raise it to 1k

Did I push too much? Play too loosely?

Btw incase you didnt stick around to see the HU, I was able to gain the chip lead, then lost it, then I lost with AK to A4 to a runner runner wheel. I wanted it to be a 2+2 victory!

SmileyEH
10-14-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for replying stupidsucker - I really though you were stronger than Qxs but weak enough you could fold a naked ace on the flop or something like that.

I would probably play the hands you listed the same way, although for the Qxs hand I would push if it was QJs and fold otherwise.

We should have Definetely gone HU for the finish if it weren't for my AA going down in flames to the other guys 55. He made it to first going in dominated twice! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

It was a lot of fun playing with you - although I'll be sure not to ever again /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

-SmileyEH

citanul
10-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Uh, Des,

He called 600, having already posted 400 blind. At no point did he raise, or have anything close to 53% of his stack have anything to do with the situation.

I'm sorry I missed your AJ thread. link?

As far as this play, it's a pretty standard stop and go I think. I personally think this is pretty much the perfect time for it. Opponenet is highly likely to have missed, you've got outs if called, you might have the best hand, and you probably had 0 folding equity preflop. Ni han.

citanul

stupidsucker
10-14-2004, 05:09 AM
I wouldnt normally do what I did with Qxs either, but I figured if I ended up HU with you I wanted to start mixing things up now. I also was willing to go down in flames trying to go into HU with a big lead.

That particular game was great for me cause it was the first of a 5 game ITM streak to break a funk I was slipping into for the day.

mackthefork
10-14-2004, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is completely not meant to be offensive Smiley, but you really cannot become a successful poker player if you continue to think like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha I must say i'm not a fan of it at all, but then i dunno how the guy plays at all.

Regards Mack

stupidsucker
10-14-2004, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I did however remember stupidsucker raising then then folding to a reraise all in getting ~2-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw, I figured I would defend myself here. Depending on my stack size and the others I dont always go with exact pot odds. The pot may seem to big to fold for the amount, but sometimes chips in hand are worth much more to me then EV chips. Also it encourages people to come over the top of me when I want a call the next time, and they expect a fold.

Perhaps I am wrong to play this way.

Desdia72
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha I must say i'm not a fan of it at all, but then i dunno how the guy plays at all.

Regards Mack

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SmileyEH
10-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Against a player like stupidsucker who could be stealing with a wide range of hands, what would your play be in this situation?

-SmileyEH

Desdia72
10-14-2004, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against a player like stupidsucker who could be stealing with a wide range of hands, what would your play be in this situation?

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

first off, i'm assuming that the blinds are high because you're three handed and you're raising over 50% of your stack. against a player like stupidsucker, as a matter of fact, against most players when the blind level is high and i'm the shortstack, i'm pushing all-in, especially with K Q-suited. if he [stupidsucker] has an affinity for playing weak Aces, then he gonna have to pay a push and show me. i feel that if you're gonna raise pf over half your stack 3- handed, you might as well push. at this point, you don't have enough chips to outplay someone postflop if you miss (which you did). you only move is fold or all-in.

SmileyEH
10-14-2004, 11:16 PM
I asked you to stop posting in threads I start. Yet you choose to misread the hand and post anyway.

-SmileyEH

Desdia72
10-14-2004, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I asked you to stop posting in threads I start. Yet you choose to misread the hand and post anyway.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

you said [stupidsucker (button)], right?

Button (t2684)

that would mean stupidsucker has 2684.

you're the hero at 1885, right? correct me if i'm wrong.

SmileyEH
10-14-2004, 11:41 PM
just please go away.

Desdia72
10-15-2004, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just please go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, you're the one not liking a hand you played against stupidsucker. now you're sounding like some teenage white chick who just holed herself up in her room after she find out her high school fling was boning some other bunny.

SmileyEH
10-15-2004, 12:22 AM
*** You are ignoring this user ***

Phill S
10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
i missed the thread when you told him that.

however with this exchange youve definately gone on my great poster list.

Phill

mackthefork
10-15-2004, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

First apologies I did not see this until today, I firstly I think i would push all in preflop expecting to be best, the way i see it he is trying to put the pressure on you with a number of hands in order to consolidate his position in the SNG and push you into a desparation situation (impending in this case), also he has 2700 left and is going into the blinds next, stealing must be important at this stage even with weaker holdings than KQs. Then if I was him, I would be expecting you to push any two after this move and would be ready to call with almost anything that touched the flop, I see your push as automatic and the pot is offering nearly 4-1. The reason I said I didn't like it is because I don't see it amking me fold anything extra that I would have played if you pushed, I do understand you have zero FE, I also qualify this post by saying I have never played against either of you.

Just my opinions.

Regards Mack

stupidsucker
10-15-2004, 01:38 PM
I think I threw him of because I didnt push.

He knows I woulda pushed with any good ace or good pair, but why the smaller raise?

Could I have a monster trying to lure him in? Could I just be scared of the larger stack? Could I have absolute garbage that I will fold to a push?

I would have played AA the same way at this stage and probably AK too. My goal was to confuse in order to gain the pot somehow. It almost worked. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marcotte
10-15-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

you said [stupidsucker (button)], right?

Button (t2684)

that would mean stupidsucker has 2684.

you're the hero at 1885, right? correct me if i'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right about stack sizes, but wrong about the raise all in. Smiley called Suckers button raise pf, then pushed on the flop.

FWIW, I would have pushed pf as well, but then again, I'm a sucker for suited broadway.