PDA

View Full Version : Josh W

BullChip
10-13-2004, 04:08 PM
After reading your posts, which I enjoy, I've realized that I played with you at the Commerce 9-18 a while back. You were sitting with a friend, older gentleman, who I believe own(ed) a pizza parlor. He played at the HG NL $100 game when it first started before Commerce, Bike, etc.

Anyhow, the reason for my post is that we were HU in a pot once and I was holding 99 on a board that put the 4 flush out on the river. I held the 9 of spades. It was bet and called by you on the flop. 3rd spade turn. Check, check. 4th spade river, I bet, you raise, and I think and fold. Later, you told me you didn't have a spade. Do you remember this?

I think about this every now and then when I play at the Commerce 9-18 because I realize how far your thinking was compared to mine back then, and even now.

I think you truly are a great player based on that one time I played with ya and reading your insights on 2plus2. Keep posting bro!

Duke
10-13-2004, 04:26 PM
If Josh ever plays his A-game 100% of the time he'll win all the money. Like, all the money.

~D

mike l.
10-13-2004, 11:58 PM
"If Josh ever plays his A-game 100% of the time"

if that's his b game ive been playing against, me in big trouble.

Josh W
10-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Geez, imagine my surprise when I see my name as a subject.

Hmmm, I played soooooo much at 9-18 about three years ago...I can't say if I remember this hand or not. How long ago was it? It sounds like me, as the pizza dude was/is Tony.

This may sound weird, but I'm more likely to remember the hand if you can tell me ALLLLL the specifics...what seat were you in? was i in? How long ago? What was the preflop action. I pretend that I can remember every hand I've ever played, and that's damn near the truth, but I need a full explanation sometimes. Also, did we ever talk? Who are you? If you don't wanna say, that's fine, too.

Thanks a ton for the kind words. After this past month, a little encouragement goes a LONG ways. (thanks to you to, Duke and Mike!)

Josh

Sooga
10-14-2004, 01:48 AM
I'm not a fan of Josh's A-game. It involves too many river check raises that work.

Josh W
10-14-2004, 04:56 AM
I should also mention, regarding my comment after the hand...

Was there a pair on the board? If there was, and I specifically said "I didn't have a spade" or "I didn't have a flush" then I absolutely had a fullhouse or quads. If there wasn't a pair on the board, then...well...I probably made you lay down the winner. I have a very tough time lying about a hand.

Josh

Duke
10-14-2004, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if that's his b game ive been playing against, me in big trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh's B game is his A game, but it's when he decides to give up so much pre-flop that he will at best break even no matter how great he is post-flop.

~D