PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Man "Full House" Sweepstakes

Easy E
10-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Am I reading this incorrectly, or is 1st prize worth more (in several ways) than the Grand Prize?

<font color="blue">3. Grand Prize: (1) Trip to the World Series of Poker, includes: Roundtrip coach air transportation for two (2) persons to Las Vegas from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence, four (4) days and three (3) consecutive nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at hotel to be selected by Sponsor. All taxes, gratuities, transportation not specified herein, additional hotel amenities/fees and any additional costs incurred by the winners are the sole responsibility of the winners. If the tournament is cancelled, winner will receive remainder of the prize. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $3,000. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor. Prize not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize except by Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value if grand prize is not available. </font>

Someone confirm this- I can win a seat to WATCH the 2005 WSOP, not actually PLAY in it?

<font color=" green">4. First Prize: Four (4) trips to Howard Lederer’s No-Limit Texas Hold ‘em Poker Fantasy Camp, includes: Roundtrip coach air transportation for two (2) persons to Las Vegas from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence, four (4) days and three (3) consecutive nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at hotel to be selected by Sponsor. All taxes, gratuities, transportation not specified herein, additional hotel amenities/fees and any additional costs incurred by the winners are the sole responsibility of the winners. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $4,000. </font>

hutz
10-11-2004, 06:26 PM
I read it the same as you on both counts -- the grand prize is the right to spectate at the WSOP 2005 and the first prize has a higher ARV than the grand prize. The ad in yesterday's paper, by the way, made it clear that the prize was to watch, not play in, the WSOP. Yippee.

riverflush
10-12-2004, 12:49 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw this (http://bigslicknews.com/) this morning. The LEderer camp is clearly the better prize.