PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed AQo? - Party 30/60

Enon
10-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Turn call rather than a raise?

The BB in this hand has a VP$IP of 11% and a PF raise of 8% and is very aggressive postflop.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Enon is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Enon raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Enon bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Enon calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Enon raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Enon calls, SB folds.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Enon calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16 BB, between BB and Enon.</font>

Monkeyslacks
10-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Looks like a definite raise on the turn.

You're getting overlay if the small blind comes along(like he did here.) Further, if he's aggro he'll play hands besides KJ this way - although it looks like a much more likely holding after he 3-bets you.

SpaceAce
10-10-2004, 04:52 AM
I think the turn is a raise.

SpaceAce

Enon
10-10-2004, 04:56 AM
Is this a close call on the flop getting 11-1 on a paired and 2 flush board for my gutshot?

Steve Giufre
10-10-2004, 05:04 AM
Not close. Ace might be good too and it wont do wonders for your image laying down for one bet more bet on the flop.

DeeJ
10-10-2004, 06:11 AM
11% - I would think he would still be seeing the flop with KJ or KT, almost certainly if suited - from the BB, for one bet. He may have raised with AK, but since you were UTG+1 just seeing the flop may have been attractive.

I play it like you, cursing myself for not raising the river as I click 'call'. He can have AA/QQ/KQ/AK/other for you to win, or AQ to tie, or KK/TT/JJ/KT/KJ/[K2] for you to lose. About 50/50 I guess without working the figures.

Ian J
10-10-2004, 09:21 PM
I think flat calling the turn here is definitely not the way to go. Once he 3 bets, it's obvious it's time to slow down. I think you played well.

GuyOnTilt
10-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey Enon,

Considering his VPIP, would did you put him on after his flop raise? TT or a strong K (most likely AK) seem to be about it. Fold.

GoT

mmcd
10-10-2004, 10:39 PM
I put him on JJ.

Enon
10-10-2004, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Enon,

Considering his VPIP, would did you put him on after his flop raise? TT or a strong K (most likely AK) seem to be about it. Fold.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he would call here with AK, KQ, KJ, K10, or any pair. Considering that I stuck around for the turn and the opponent's preflop tightness, folding to the 3 bet on the turn or just calling down after he bet into me on would have been best.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Enon is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Enon raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Enon bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Enon calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Enon raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Enon calls, SB folds.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Enon calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16 BB, between BB and Enon.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (16 BB).</font>

Results below: <font color="black">
BB has Tc Kc (full house, kings full of tens).
Enon has Qc As (straight, ace high).
Outcome: BB wins 16 BB. </font>

astroglide
10-10-2004, 11:20 PM
him checkraising the nuts on the flop heads up is pretty funny to me

lil feller
10-10-2004, 11:23 PM
You certainly can't put him on the nuts after he does it, can you.

Steve Giufre
10-10-2004, 11:25 PM
I still think you played your hand correctly.

GuyOnTilt
10-10-2004, 11:45 PM
I thought he would call here with AK, KQ, KJ, K10, or any pair.

Which leaves what? A pure bluff? A straight draw? Those are seriously what you put him on after the flop? Considering his VPIP, his preflop call, and his flop play, I would give myself between 2 and 3 outs and fold.

GoT

Enon
10-11-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought he would call here with AK, KQ, KJ, K10, or any pair.

Which leaves what? A pure bluff? A straight draw? Those are seriously what you put him on after the flop? Considering his VPIP, his preflop call, and his flop play, I would give myself between 2 and 3 outs and fold.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me.

I'm still fairly unsophisticated when it comes to calculating outs taking into an account a range of hands.

All I see right now in the moment is a gutshot draw and pot odds of 11-1. Is there a good resource I can consult to help this part of my game?

Thanks for the response.

mplspoker
10-11-2004, 01:04 AM
I can't imagine its EV+ to call a check raise on flop there. You are obviously drawing and likely drawing very thin. Why continue? Unless he is a maniac (which he isn't) just give it up and move on. All you can beat is a complete bluff.

SinCityGuy
10-11-2004, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All I see right now in the moment is a gutshot draw and pot odds of 11-1. Is there a good resource I can consult to help this part of my game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Enon, you're getting enough to call a gutshot under normal circumstances, but you need a big overlay on a paired board with all three cards in "the zone." You want the pot to be substantially larger to offset the times that you'll be drawing dead.

Lawrence Ng
10-11-2004, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
him checkraising the nuts on the flop heads up is pretty funny to me

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because it was the correct play and it paid off 16 BB for him did it not? Supposing the BB is a good player and he has a good read for an UTG raise to either have AA, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, or AQ. A flop of K-K-T for the nuts with flop checkraise hoping that UTG has AK to pump hoping that UTG will put him on a Ten only with big kicker or King-x kicker.

Enon
10-11-2004, 03:10 PM
N/M