PDA

View Full Version : When to re-raise

sillyarms
10-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Let's say my opponet and I are playing no limit holdem and he makes a pot sized raise. He will make this raise with the top 30% of his hands regardless of his position. What percentage of my hands do I re-raise with. And, how do i do problems like this in the future?

silly

sillyarms
10-08-2004, 10:00 AM
It didn't seem like I was going to get any replies here so i went to the 2+2 irc room and asked. This is the reply i got
[ QUOTE ]
<japy> lets look at this as a card game number 1 - 100. you both pick a card. highest wins. you both bet etc. he will bet 1 - 30 i.e. 30%, you shouldn't reraise with number 29, or even call (in this game) but you should reraise with nunmber 14 if he will always calll with 30.
<japy> so you should raise him with the top 14% of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this right? In this game should my opponet re-raise me with numbers 1-6? Do I cap it with 1-2? How do I adjust due to the possibility of a re-raise?

silly

uuDevil
10-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Can't help much, but the best place to get some responses to this kind of question is probably (heh) the Poker Theory forum. Also try searching for [0,1] games, e.g.:
0,1 search results (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=,f1,&Words=0%2C1&Searchpag e=0&Limit=25&where=bodysub&newerval=1&newertype=y& olderval=&oldertype=&daterange=1&bodyprev=&Name=)

sillyarms
10-12-2004, 08:43 PM
sweet deal. Thanks man.

silly