PDA

View Full Version : overpair vs TAG

bakku
10-05-2004, 09:00 PM
InterPoker 2/4, full table
UTG+1 is TAG, CO is loose passive

3 limpers to me in the SB, I raise 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB folds, 3 limpers call. (9SB)

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, I bet, UTG+1 raises, CO calls, button folds, I 3-bet, UTG+1 caps, we both call. (21SB)

Turn the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, I check, UTG+1 bets, CO folds, I call. (12.5BB)

River the 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I check, UTG+1 bets, I fold.

cold_cash
10-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Why call the turn bet just to fold the river?

Fnord
10-05-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3rd flush card hurt his equity against TAgg's possible range of hands.

imitation
10-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Fold the turn or call the river, is raising 99 out of the SB standard in full ring, I only do it 2/3 of the time in 6max i'd say and its very dependant on the the limpers.

Fnord
10-05-2004, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn or call the river, is raising 99 out of the SB standard in full ring, I only do it 2/3 of the time in 6max i'd say and its very dependant on the the limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least then the reverse implied odds of a 99 overpair are offset by the pot he built.

bakku
10-05-2004, 09:22 PM
I think the preflop raise was the easiest decision in this hand and pretty standard.

bakku
10-05-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3rd flush card hurt his equity against TAgg's possible range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too many people continue to bet the turn with their flush draws instead of taking the free card like they should. I felt compelled to call this down until the third diamond hit, which put me behind any conceivable hand a TAG could have.

shawn_p
10-05-2004, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least then the reverse implied odds of a 99 overpair are offset by the pot he built.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? I've never heard of reverse implied odds before. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

EvanJC
10-05-2004, 10:14 PM
i don't know alot about limit hold'em, but one thing i do know (or at least think i know) is that you need a really really really really strong read on this player to fold the river. unless you have such a read, and with online poker it is more likely that you don't than that you do, you need to either fold the turn or call down all the way. folding the river seems like a bad play to me. but then again, im a moron.

bakku
10-05-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't know alot about limit hold'em, but one thing i do know (or at least think i know) is that you need a really really really really strong read on this player to fold the river. unless you have such a read, and with online poker it is more likely that you don't than that you do, you need to either fold the turn or call down all the way. folding the river seems like a bad play to me. but then again, im a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called the turn planning to call the river if a non-flush card hits. When the flush hits I'm behind almost any possible hand the villain could have.

EvanJC
10-05-2004, 10:33 PM
if you really dont think your nines are good even once out of thirteen times or whatever then i guess its a fold. i'd see the river, but im loose passive, in addition to being a moron.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-05-2004, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the tag has a big range of hands that can beat bakku here, including a flush. also, if tag was on some sort of draw semi-bluff, they usually give up on the river if they feel like their opponnent is content on calling down, which bakku has shown here. his last bet usually is not a bluff here and bakku can fold.