PDA

View Full Version : Shots fired into Knox Bush/Cheney headquarters

adios
10-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Who's responsible a gang banger, a jihadist terrorist, a radical left wing nihilist, Karl Rove ...

Shots fired into Knox Bush/Cheney headquarters (http://www.wbir.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=20241)

New photos: Shots fired into Knox Bush/Cheney headquarters

An unknown suspect fired multiple shots into the Bearden office of the Bush/Cheney re-election campaign Tuesday morning.

The headquarters are located at 4618 Kingston Pike, between Nouveau Classics and Lenny's submarine sandwich shop in the same shopping plaza as Long's Drugstore.

According to Knoxville Police Department (KPD) officers on the scene Tuesday, it is believed that the two separate shots were fired from a car sometime between 6:30 am and 7:15 am.

One shot shattered the glass in the front door and the other cracked the glass in another of the front doors.

Bush-Cheney volunteer campaign coordinator Suzanne Dewar says she originally planned to be in the office early Tuesday morning.

"If I had gotten here a couple hours earlier, I'd have been inside," Dewar explains. "And we don't turn the lights on until we open, so they wouldn't have know someone was inside."

There were no witnesses to the shooting. A customer at a nearby dry cleaning store noticed shattered glass on the sidewalk in front of the headquarters and informed an employee in the cleaner's, who then called police.

Volunteers and staffers at the campaign office say they have no clues as to who might have committed the crime. However, they add that the shooting makes them even more enthusiastic about working for their candidates.

"If anything, they've energized us," Dewar says. "Thank you. Not thank you for shooting at us, but, nothing's gonna slow us down."

Dewar says she can't imagine why someone would fire shots into an office where people could have been injured or killed.

"I don't even know what to say to the person that did this," Dewar says. "...Get a life. This is ridiculous."

Bush/Cheney volunteer Jo Catlett says the incident hasn't fazed her.

"I just don't feel like I have to be nervous," says Catlett. "I mean, I just believe in God and that He'll take care of me, so I don't worry about that."

In an unexpected twist, a bank directly across the street from the headquarters was robbed as KPD officers were busy investigating at the scene of the shooting.

sameoldsht
10-05-2004, 09:26 PM
One way or another, it's Bush's fault. Everything is Bush's fault. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

andyfox
10-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Ann Coulter blamed the liberals today on Michael Medved's radio show. "They're getting violent," she said.

MMMMMM
10-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Well, what would you expect, Andy?;-)

andyfox
10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
You're right, dumb post.