PDA

View Full Version : raymer vs moneymaker

djack
09-30-2004, 03:09 AM
There are about 120 searches on Yahoo every day for Chris Moneymaker. There are about 5 for "greg raymer" and "fossilman" combined.

Surprising?

The Dude
09-30-2004, 03:10 AM
nope

whiskeytown
09-30-2004, 03:11 AM
that's probably my searches for pictures of moneymaker...

I just think he's sexier then Raymer....BWHAHAHAHAHAAAA....

(on a related note...how many for Shana Hiatt)

RB

djack
09-30-2004, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

(on a related note...how many for Shana Hiatt)

[/ QUOTE ]
about 400 on yahoo, but about an equal number for shana hiatt nude. but my evidence suggests that Google gets more than 1000 a day for both shana hiatt and shana hiatt nude.

The Dude
09-30-2004, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...my evidence...

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean "my personal experience."?

djack
09-30-2004, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nope

[/ QUOTE ] C'mon, really? It doesn't surprise you that Moneymaker gets 30 times the hits? Not double, not triple, but 30 times?

Moneymaker got alot of attention, and he had a real attractive story, but ESPN just finished up its coverage of the WSOP.

djack
09-30-2004, 03:44 AM
No. I mean my evidence.

Dynasty
09-30-2004, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nope

[/ QUOTE ] C'mon, really? It doesn't surprise you that Moneymaker gets 30 times the hits? Not double, not triple, but 30 times?

Moneymaker got alot of attention, and he had a real attractive story, but ESPN just finished up its coverage of the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everybody has seen Raymer's win yet. Raymer also isn't nearly as compelling of a story.

djack
09-30-2004, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nope

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everybody has seen Raymer's win yet. Raymer also isn't nearly as compelling of a story.

[/ QUOTE ] No arguments. But a year after his win, Moneymaker still gets thirty times the search hits? He's not on TV, Raymer is.

I'm wondering if perhaps my data is a month or two old, though I believe it to be current.

Blarg
09-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Everyone can remember the name "Moneymaker" and tell their friends. He might as well be named Superman. It's magic and seems like Karma. Nothing like that regarding Raymer.

AllUcanEatBby
09-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Moneymaker probably gets more hits becaues he has been out there for a year and also not only because he has a better story, but also he seems more likable to someone watching the world series on T.V.

Photoc
10-01-2004, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moneymaker still gets thirty times the search hits? He's not on TV, Raymer is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Moneymaker was on the Bay 101 poker classic on the WPT about 9 days ago I believe. He made the final table and had a 5k bounty on his head along with a bunch of other stars. So that could attribute to more searches as lots of people watch the WPT.

Rick Nebiolo
10-01-2004, 04:06 AM
Greg Raymer is a terrific guy, witty, personable and honorable, and probably the better player and ambassador for poker but you can't beat the last name "Moneymaker". It is not only perfect for a poker player but it is literally unforgettable. It is such a good name that when I was following the series last year I was virtually certain it had to be a fake name.

That said, I have a lot of respect for the manner in which Chris has carried himself the last year. His "everyman" story is one of the reasons poker is booming.

~ Rick

andyfox
10-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Good point about the name. Mickey Mantle said that he thought one of the reasons that he became such a legend was his alliterative name.

Plus Chris got there first.

joedot
10-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Not everyone searching for "moneymaker" is searching for Chris Moneymaker. Ever think that they are looking for ways to make money?

Piers
10-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Even I can spell Moneymaker, however I remeber the trouble I had with Greg Raymer, when I thought it would be a good idea to look at all his 2+2 MTT posts.

StoneRose
10-04-2004, 08:37 PM
How many for "Chris Moneymaker Nude"?

djack
10-04-2004, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone searching for "moneymaker" is searching for Chris Moneymaker. Ever think that they are looking for ways to make money?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i'm sure lots of people looking to make money type in "chris moneymaker" into Google.

youtalkfunny
10-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Everybody running the search is checking on rumors of his divorce/bankruptcy/arrest/death/other.

Bob T.
10-05-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even I can spell Moneymaker, however I remeber the trouble I had with Greg Raymer, when I thought it would be a good idea to look at all his 2+2 MTT posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

remeber

Hmmm.