PDA

View Full Version : 65BI live 155 player MTT. How bad is this?

TStoneMBD
09-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Ok, we're down to about 24 players where 16 players make the money. Of course, all the money is in the top placings and I could care less about the tiny money at the bottom of the scope. The blinds are at 800/1600 with a 75 ante and I've been getting blinded out at this point, but still have 10k. The average stack is about 13k. I've gotten moved 4 times during this tournament and just sat down to this new table, so I have no reads on anybody. The large stack at the table raises it to 4k from MP and its folded to me in the BB with QJs with T8400 left. I opt to call here and decide that I'm going to push on pretty much any flop especially if there is no A or K, but might checkcallallin if I flop top pair... The flop comes rags rainbow and I push, and get called by pocket kings and bust.

Where did I go wrong in this hand? Should I have just folded it preflop here or is this the time to take a stand? Do I fold to his flop bet or is the push here justified? I thought that the stop and go was a better play because if I push allin preflop I'm going to get called as he is potcommitted and my hand is most likely an underdog or at best a race.

Thanks in advance.

willie
09-19-2004, 09:34 PM
fold to the raiser.

with no reads, it's unlikely that you're ahead in this hand.

gotta try to stick it out a little longer. and pray for a hand you can win with with no improvement.