PDA

View Full Version : sfasfsdf

greatscout
09-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

I thought about betting out here as well as check raising, but decided to wait until the turn.......right or wrong?

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

So much for c/r the turn, not the card I wanted to see......gulp

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

I'm lost for sure now, a pair on the board, three spades......I've made it a guessing game.......tell me what line you would have taken........

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 6c 7c (straight, nine high).
MP1 has Tc 9c (two pair, nines and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>

easypete
09-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Bet this flop. Never slow play a straight on the flop, especially w/ 2 flush cards out there.

All-In
09-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Check-raise the flop, bet the turn and the river. If MP1 caught his flush so be it. You have to be more aggressive.

challenger84
09-16-2004, 12:56 PM
ugh x 10

bet/raise/cap flop
bet turn, call 3-bet
check call river if 3-bet, otherwise lead river.

Don't fear the flush.
Don't slowplay made hands that are very vulnerable to redraws.

IndieMatty
09-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Challenger, nice to see ya back.

I would check raise the flop. See this post, that no one responded to (Cheap Attempt at Comments) for a similar hand.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1005353&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=

I also think you can check raise the turn, you'll know if your beat.

Garland
09-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Bet the flop.
Bet the turn.
Bet the river.

Garland

challenger84
09-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks Matty, it's good to be back. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I also fell for your trap and responded to your other post.

arabie
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
I agree with the previous postings. This type of passive play allows your opponents to make profitable calls on their draws. If your opponents have either the backdoor or made flush draw, you must try to minimize the profitability of their draws. The turn should also be played more aggressively, you should not start slow playing or calling down a hand until someone gives you a good reason to, and no one has indicated any serious strength in this hand. Regardless, there are many hands that you still beat, including unsuccessful backdoor flushes, pocket overpairs, two pairs, and three fives. The key to this type of hand is aggression unless you have seriously strong evidence to believe that you are beaten.

Monty Cantsin
09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
The one thing that really disturbs me about how you played this hand is your call on the flop. You have the nuts. The guy to your immediate left bets, gets called in two places and it comes back around to you. At this point you are in a perfect position to trap all of these opponents for multiple bets. When people have committed one bet to a street they are very, very likely to keep calling all additional bets. This was one of the best possible outcomes for your flop check and you didn't seize the opportunity.

/mc

elindauer
09-16-2004, 02:07 PM
You should quit playing. This game is too scary for you. Barring that, check-raise the flop. Get the money in there with the best hand. Since you didn't, check-raise the turn. No one is representing a flush.

my 2 cents.
Eric

greatscout
09-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks mc for the input, thats the kind of advice I was looking for and you were absolutely correct, I did not seize the opportunity. I knew that I played the hand poorly and was looking for some guidance and you and most of the others who responded gave me some great insight. Thanks again

greatscout
09-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Well Eric, while constructive criticism is always welcome yours fell woefully short of anything more than a smart alec response. Sorry you wasted your time.

bisonbison
09-16-2004, 07:29 PM
You could have won less by folding. Given that you didn't fold, you won as little as possible, which is a kind of skill.

Bet the flop. Failing that, check-raise.
Bet the turn. Failing that, check-raise.
Bet the river.

elindauer
09-19-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well Eric, while constructive criticism is always welcome yours fell woefully short of anything more than a smart alec response. Sorry you wasted your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have stopped reading after "You should quit playing. This game is too scary for you." because I continued on to that you should check-raise the flop or the turn as you are likely still ahead and no one is representing a flush.

As to the smart-alec nature of my post, you are quite perceptive. It's an attempt to let you know that I think your play of this hand was pretty bad and you may need more than just a little help on your game to become profitable. I think this point, if recognized, heeded, and correct, would be far more valuable than any thoughts on this one hand. See bisonbison's response for a similar theme.

Also, sometimes I get bored and just like to tease people. I don't know you and only know one hand from your game, read my comments accordingly.

Play well.
-Eric