PDA

View Full Version : tough call....

Marlow
09-06-2004, 10:55 PM
I've bet into a lot of flops against this villian and he's folded a good number of times. Aside from this, he seems like a decent player except that he doesn't bet/bluff enough for 4-handed.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ... (what's my move?)

Stork
09-06-2004, 11:36 PM
I'd raise the turn here. There's a chance might lay down his hand if he's playing as weak as you say, and it'll help you know where you are. If he reraises I fold here. If he calls, I check-call the river unless a T or a K hits, in which case I'd either bet or checkraise. (I'd appreciate comments on this response)

Zele
09-07-2004, 08:53 AM
There's no way he's laying down a better hand here. It's quite possible he's made a delayed bet with JT or something like that, but KK or AA is also rather consistent with his play. Semi-bluff seems unlikely given the description. I'd just call and check-call the river, CRing if a K comes and betting out if a T comes.

spydog
09-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Like Zele, I call the turn, then check-call the river. Your read on the opponent and his turn raise put me in doubt. When in doubt, call down HU with top pair in this situation.

Kaz The Original
09-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Why not spend those to BB's calling this bet and the river bet and get a showdown, instead of raising. You know he's going to bet the river. You know it.

Marlow
09-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the responses. After much deliberation, I folded this hand but didn't like my decision.

Marlow /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif