PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw + pair on flop misses; river decision

bdk3clash
08-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Comments on each street appreciated. Raise the flop?

First hand; no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: bdk3clash is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, bdk3clash checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, bdk3clash calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, bdk3clash calls, UTG+2 folds, Button folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, bdk3clash...

WarmonkEd
08-19-2004, 08:57 PM
a flop raise sounds alright. The river's tough with no read. I think I would call.

bdk3clash
08-19-2004, 11:42 PM
I called. SB had J/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif, and MHIG.

I guess this one makes up for the other 7.5 times I'll call and lose.

RicktheRuler
08-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I would have raised on the flop...River bet is tough with no read...if you can put him on a missed draw, bet (obviously). I think the raise on the flop would have given you at least a little more info as to what you should do on the flop.

pistol78
08-20-2004, 12:37 AM
I think your river call is good, before i even saw your results I was thinking to myself that sb was on a draw. I say that because if he had a queen, i mean a great queen(AQ, KQ)wouldnt he raise pre-flop? or even a mediocre Queen (QJ QT) wouldnt he go for a c/r? But then again everyone plays diffrent. Great call on your part.

bdk3clash
08-20-2004, 10:21 AM
I dunno about the river call. The only other draw on the flop is another /images/graemlins/club.gif draw, which is less likely because I've got two /images/graemlins/club.gifs. I guess this one is close, and although it worked out I'm not convinced it was right to call the river.

sublime
08-20-2004, 11:11 AM
I woudlnt raise the flop, the pot is small enough where I think its more productive to let people stay in behind you. And you really arent protecting anything in your hand so whats the point?

I would call the river and expect to lose, but stranger things have happened.

sublime
08-20-2004, 11:19 AM
I dunno about the river call. The only other draw on the flop is another draw, which is less likely because I've got two s. I guess this one is close, and although it worked out I'm not convinced it was right to call the river.

I think you made the right decision here, I HATE making calls like this but they seem to come thru often enough.