PDA

View Full Version : a sitcom , movie and a book

06-22-2002, 01:32 PM
I hear rumors that there is a book coming out and possibly a movie on STU UNGAR.....I would love to know any more info on this subject if you can help out I would be greatly appreciated.

#2 I heard there is a series coming out I think this Fall or Next fall, about a Poker Player which is airing on Channel FX......

any info on these two things would be greatly appreciated.

06-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Nolan Dalla is working on a book about Unger; I believe the tenative title is "Stuey". Dalla posted an excerp on this site several months ago; you may want to check the archives. I believe it was Oct/Nov. It was interesting, and I'd certainly be willing to read the book when it is released; I'd be interested to know if anyone has an update on it's progress.

Fitz

06-23-2002, 02:47 AM
As far as the series goes, there was a (very) short blurb in the L.A. Times this week that said that the actor (don't remember his name) who played Carrie's boyfriend Aidan on Sex And The City has been cast as the lead in a new series. The working title of the series is "Lucky," and it's about a poker player in Las Vegas. It's scheduled to air on FX starting in 2003.

06-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Book your Emmy Award flight early!

Also starring:

George Clooney as "Trent Steel"

Steve Buscemi as "Shifty McSwain"

Calista Flockhart as "Stick"

David Arquette as "The Trout"

and special guest starring

Harrison Ford as "Mason Malmuth"

Robert DeNiro as "David Sklansky"

Jackie Chan as "The Master"

Katherine Zeta-Jones as "PokerBabe"

Arnold Schwarzennegger as "Rolf Slotboom"

and

Gilbert Godfried as "Phil Hellmuth"

06-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Ive been waiting for this book for almost a year myself. I emailed the author Nolan Dalla over a year ago. He said it was suppose to be out by last august. Whatever, still haven't seen it. So, id like some info too.

Ryan

06-24-2002, 11:31 PM
Gabe Kaplan as Gabe Kaplan

Vin Diesel as baggins

Danny DeVito as Tommy Angelo

Kevin Spacey as Alan Schoonmaker

Bea Arthur as Amarillo Slim

Wilford Brimley as Oklahoma Johnny Hale

Penelope Cruz as Chris Ferguson

John Goodman as Doyle Brunson

Josh Saviano as Eric Seidel

Julia Sweeney as Annie Duke