PDA

View Full Version : uhh... why are my AA always beaten?

jojomachine
07-18-2004, 02:38 AM
Internet Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00)
UTG calls, 4 folders, MP caller, Hero raises with AA, SB folds, BB folds, UTG Calls and LP calls.
Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, MP calls.
Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP check raises me. I'm thinking he has the pair, but I call anyway.
River is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG bets, I call, and am shown the set. Was this stupid?

cold_cash
07-18-2004, 02:42 AM
No. Sometimes Aces lose - most times they don't. Not a real big mystery.

skunkworks
07-18-2004, 02:44 AM
If you're playing at Party, Stars, or UB, you might find some use of bison's hand converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

huxbux
07-18-2004, 03:00 AM
How many times have you been dealt AA? How many times has it been beaten? How many times has it won?

tech
07-18-2004, 03:33 AM
You played this fine. It happens.

Malarky
07-18-2004, 06:16 AM
I have never heard of aces being beat under any circumstances. More than likely the online site you are playing at is rigged, and I'd urge you to persue this and find out what REALLY happened there.

Matty
07-18-2004, 11:25 AM
I have friends who fold AA preflop sometimes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif They claim Sklanksy tells them to in one of his books but I still haven't heard which one.

I tried setting them straight once, but they argued with me and I backed down. I was considering linking them to these forums but thought better of it.

siccjay
07-18-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have friends who fold AA preflop sometimes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha

Entity
07-19-2004, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have friends who fold AA preflop sometimes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif They claim Sklanksy tells them to in one of his books but I still haven't heard which one.

I tried setting them straight once, but they argued with me and I backed down. I was considering linking them to these forums but thought better of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm. It might be when talking about tournaments in TOP, but I can't remember. I think the basic premise is that if there are 6 people remaining, you are last to act and short stacked, and the first 5 people ahead of you all go all-in, you might consider folding to guarantee yourself 2nd place. IIRC, of course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Zetack
07-19-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Internet Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00)
UTG calls, 4 folders, MP caller, Hero raises with AA, SB folds, BB folds, UTG Calls and LP calls.
Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, MP calls.
Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP check raises me. I'm thinking he has the pair, but I call anyway.
River is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG bets, I call, and am shown the set. Was this stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't stupid. You say "the pair" and "the set" like its obvious what he had, and I don't know what you're talking about. Folding here would be a big mistake.

I've folded pocket aces exactly once this year and am winning with them at a rate of about 79 percent of the time.

I lost three times with pocket aces yesterday, and have now lost with them five times in a row, but all that did was knock my winning percentage with them down from 81 percent to 79 percent for 2004. I have to go back something like 250 pairs of aces to find a comparable bad run with AA. This year I've had streaks where I won with AA 18 times in a row, 15 times in a row, 14 times in a row, and 11 times in a row.

So why do your AA always get beat? I'd suggest its not because I'm luckier than you but because you just remember the beats more. Track your aces and you'll notice how often you do win with them.

--Zetack

sfer
07-19-2004, 10:23 AM
If you're losing with AA all the time there's only one reason: you're folding them.

Matty
07-19-2004, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IIRC, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]It isn't really comparable?

radek2166
07-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Ok the game is 10 handed no foldem. After 400,000,000 hands pocket aces winn 31% of the time. What that means to me is aces looses 2 out of 3 times. Im sure the odds get better with less players in the pot.

What this says to me Is aces do loose.My advice is to keep playing them and play them hard.