PDA

View Full Version : How does this look?

blackaces13
07-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Is this raisable?

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Anyone 3 bet?

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Anyone lead and call a raise? Or lead and fold to a raise? Can I check fold? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

blackaces13
07-17-2004, 11:58 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
07-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Its certainly possible he has TJ for the double gutshot.

If you do 3-bet the turn and get capped, you can safely check/fold the river IMO.

But, as you played it, you're not going to fold this river.

skunkworks
07-18-2004, 12:55 AM
I would probably hesitate to 3-bet on the turn. Either the 8 made his hand or he was slowplaying. Of those hands that he could reasonably hold, you lose to K9, JT, 65, 99-77. The hands you beat are K7, 98, 87. He could also be semi-bluffing with something like a pair and a flush draw, or a pair and an OESD.

It's a close decision whether to 3-bet, but the fact that he has position on you makes me lean toward calling. There isn't too much you can do if he's semi-bluffing.

My first thought on the river is that you should check-fold. However, I don't think there are many reasonable hands he would raise on the turn that have a 6 or a J, and there certainly are some hands he would only call a river bet with that you can beat. Because you can't confidently check-fold the river with that large pot, leading and folding to a raise is what I recommend.

tech
07-18-2004, 03:12 AM
3-bet the turn. Call the river (and cry).