PDA

View Full Version : 3-bet to me preflop

Ralph Wiggum
07-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Hmmmm, what say you?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (10.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.75 BB, between MP1, MP2, Hero and UTG.</font>

Guido
07-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Well the ace on the turn doesn't change a lot but the fact that they all called your bet isn't a good sign. I would probably bet out on the turn again and fold to a check-raise. When a few call again I check behind on the river. I think your line of play is fine too. At least you get a showdown pretty cheap. I'm interested in how the rest would play this hand.

Guido

citizenkn
07-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Bet again on the turn. The second ace decreases the chance that someone is holding one, so you could easily still be ahead. I might consider folding if I was check-raised on the turn (because a weaker ace (such as A-J) might just be calling down on the flop, worried about his kicker, but would likely raise when a second ace comes out). If you get called on the turn, check through on the river.

Ralph Wiggum
07-12-2004, 10:38 AM
I didn't want to have to fold to a c/r on the turn. I've read some other posts about people wanting to get to showdown as cheap as possible, and I decided this was one of those times for me. Right, wrong?

Noodles
07-12-2004, 10:52 AM
I agree with everything you say here except [ QUOTE ]
If you get called on the turn, check through on the river

[/ QUOTE ]
I would still bet out on the riv,why not ?

Ralph Wiggum
07-12-2004, 10:57 AM
If I decided to bet the turn, and I was called, then I'd probably bet the river.

me454555
07-12-2004, 11:09 AM
I think you gotta bet the turn. Theres a slim chance that pf 3 bettor had KK or QQ and will fold it to a turn bet but might call down after you check the turn and bet the river. A c/r is a pretty clear sign you're beat so you have a good bet of turn.

I'd also bet the river if checked to b/c you might get calls from PPs and 8s or 9s that don't want to fold

TxSteve
07-12-2004, 11:15 AM
I have to agree with the others.

You bet the flop.

The turn brings the ace, your hand could very well be best. You can probably fold to a check raise (i wish i could follow this advice sometimes).

I agree that there is a chance (a small one) that you could get a KK or QQ to fold here.

If called on the turn, I would probably check through the river, this guy isn't giving up and the only hand you'd beat here could be a JJ.

DonT77
07-12-2004, 11:42 AM
I agree with the other posters, bet the flop. You are likely ahead, and you don't want to give a free card to anybody holding: 2hearts, any King, 67, a smaller pair, etc.

Of course, a lot of this depends on your reads - what kind of hands would UTG and MP1 call 2 more bets with and what kind of hand would MP2 3-bet with?