PDA

View Full Version : worst beat ever. *DELETED*

Synth
07-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Post deleted by Synth

TheGrifter
07-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Nobody cares about your bad beat stories.

Ionphore
07-09-2004, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't consider this anywhere close to the worst beat ever. But it could be considered a loose call by the CO. He was not getting proper odds for catching the 10 on the river. You did however go all in when an opponet could be holding 10/9 for the nuts straight. Or he could have been holding KK or AA with 2 outs to beat you. If you pushed harder on the flop with your bet you may have driven him out. You should be glad he called your all in - this is profitable for you in the long run...

Synth
07-09-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't consider this anywhere close to the worst beat ever. But it could be considered a loose call by the CO. He was not getting proper odds for catching the 10 on the river. You did however go all in when an opponet could be holding 10/9 for the nuts straight. Or he could have been holding KK or AA with 2 outs to beat you. If you pushed harder on the flop with your bet you may have driven him out. You should be glad he called your all in - this is profitable for you in the long run...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of the profit you can make when a bad player chases when they don't get the proper odds.

I was also pretty certin that my set was the best hand on the turn. I really doubt the CO would call my 8x pre-flop raise with a 9T.

Also, I didn't want to push him out on the flop, i wanted to take in some money, then push him out on the turn, and that's 1 of the 2 reasons why I pushed.