Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 05-27-2004, 11:09 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Fun night GoT, Dude and Slavic, storming the halls of the Hideaway

Walking up the stairs I knew i was in for a tough table. I walk in, they have a seat open in 10-20. I notice Slavic who Ill be sitting to the left of. Buy my chips and off i go.

As I'm sitting down I hear Slavic confirming that it is me, bernie. Lo and behold, im sitting 4th in murderers row. Greeted with smiles like pirates looking at a chest of gold they are about to plunder, I meet Dude and GoT. Who are sitting directly right of Slavic. I mention i guess i wont be seeing too many flops tonight. They laugh and mention I can feel free to coldcall 3 bets when i feel the urge. I ask Slavic if the last person in this seat went to the parking lot and killed himself after this. The only worse seat was the poor sap to my left. GoT has a 3 tiered stack of chips in front of him, Dude has quite an arsenal, Slavic looks about even.

This was one of the funnest sessions I've had in a long time. The table had a nice contrast. You had the 2+2 corner. Then on the other side we had the overaggros (primarily on flop). One guy kind of stood out as someone flailing away hopelessly. If you bet into him he would try and stare a bit at you, god knows why. It didn't seem to help him. Early on I turned a FH, c/r'ed him and he went into this stare so i gave him a nice cheesy smile.

Some highlights I was involved in:

This game had just about everything. GoT mentioned it was anything but typical. I would encounter later double straddles, monster aggression, multi level thinking. Good luck seeing the flop for free in the blind on this table.

One hand Dude talks GoT into posting a double straddle. Dude straddles UTG, primarily after the dealer calls his straddle committed to the pot. Which some on the table giggled at. Dude goads GoT a little and GoT makes it 3. Cards are dealt. Im stuck and havent dragged a pot yet and get J9s. Slavic folds and gets goaded a little by the straddlers. I cap. Elliciting oooo's from Slavic, Dude and GoT. This is about the first hand ive really played, much less raised/capped. Now they have to look at their hands. GoT's face kind of says rags would be a nice flop. Dude mentions only a pussy would straddle and not call a cap as he throws 4 chips in. GoT mentions he guesses he has to call this too. Reluctantly puts in 2 chips.

Flop A J 4 r

Dude bets out, GoT stares a bit at the flop, mumbles something and folds, I raise, Dude calls.

We cautiously check it down and Dude has me outkicked with KJ. He's really grinning now.

After that one, we didnt get it isolated to 2+2 for awhile. The other players would now come in with anything. Especially the guy who stares. Of course, I hadn't been there long, so this may have been a rarity for only us to be in the pot. Most pots after this were 3 bet preflop for awhile.

Later on me and GoT mixed it up finally. He opened in MP, i 3 bet in CO with JJ. OOOO's from the table. Primarily Dude and Slavic. Folded to GoT who calls.

Flop Q 6 (4?) r

Check, i bet, GoT calls.

Turn 7

GoT bets? I raise, he promptly 3 bets. I dont think he has a Q. Overpair? I think I'd have heard from that earlier also. But i dont get a feel for a set. Maybe he does have a Q. The slowplayin' bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Im not sure enough to overcome my curiousity and call.

River is some blank and I answer a bet and get shown 76s. I walked right into that on the turn. Ill take this time to say, other than the blinds, I dont think I won any 2+2 confrontations. But I built them some nice pots.

But I did win a hand and screwed it up in doing so.

I open raise in EP with TT. Added bonus is that it's GoT's BB [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. This was an added bonus when any of us blasted eachothers' blinds.

This gets capped back to me for a 5 way pot. Im the lone 2+2'er in there with some overaggros.

Flop comes J x x two tone. I have one of those of that tone. I check, gal on my left bets, maybe 1 folded, all call to me i call.

Turn T

I check, gal checks, checks around. (Dammit!) Somehow it is mentioned that the gal is all in. In watching the other side of the table, i miss this. She was all in with her flop bet. Had i noticed this, i very likely would've bet this turn. Yet with the aggros behind me, it easily could've gotten bet on the turn. I was still pissed a little at myself for not noting the all in. I missed a couple bets here.

River blank

I bet, get one caller and turn my set over. GoT says that hand will take it all. Or something along those lines.

If I could've stayed longer, I would've. But it got late (for me) and I had to pick up. Given my position I actually won some for the session. I considered that a victory in itself. Dude's stack was about the same as when i came in. Maybe up a bit more. Slavic was up a bit. GoT was way up and adding to his castle walls.

This game had everything. Many times you had to really use some mental power. No ABC on this table really. I saw some fantastic value bets on rivers. Multi-levels of thinking and a whole lotta fun. Just sitting in this game I know it helped me be a better player. Im just glad i survived with some chips.

Meeting GoT and Dude was a great pleasure for me. Really fun guys to play with and donate too. Not to mention listening to them rib eachother.

Here's hoping we can do it again sometime.

Spend my chips wisely.

Thanks for the great night.

b

ps. Im sure I left lots of stuff out. Feel free to add on if you want guys!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Fun night GoT, Dude and Slavic, storming the halls of the Hideaway

Great report! I guess GoT didn't get carded, huh? Wish I could have made it up there...but by the time I would have navigated after work traffic from Olympia to North Seattle, the place would have been closed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2004, 12:44 PM

I thought WA cardrooms allow 18 year olds to play?. I know Goldies does.

I actually live walking distance to Hidaway (for another 2 days anyway, I'm moving this weekend), but only played there once. Their 4/8 game was very nice, no idea about their 10/20 game though.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:47 PM

Bernie,
What time were you there? Was this the must move game? I played in that game last night but I didn't get there until later.

I was stuck a little when I moved to the main game a little later. I got unstuck and then got a table share when Quad 10's took down AAATT. Some how there was only a bet and call on both the turn and the river! Let me know next time you are heading to the Hideaway.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:06 PM

What was the table share?
Old 05-27-2004, 05:33 PM

Table share aprox. $800. Not a bad payday for doing nothing.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:36 PM

had the 2+2 corner

Back at Foxwoods when JTG, Barry, CrackerZack and I sat together, we called this, "Amen corner."

Nice report.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 05-27-2004, 09:10 PM

18yr olds can gamble legally.

It's the alcohol element that they're dealing with. They're slowly phasing it in as far as mixing the 2.

Did i mention the Wa State liquor board is a joke?

b
Old 05-27-2004, 09:12 PM

I got there about 7p, left about 11p.

The other guys were there earlier, and were digesting my chips after i left.

We were in seats 5,6,7,8

b
Old 05-27-2004, 09:48 PM

GoT's in Seatown? Didn't know that. How many 2+2ers are there up in the Seattle area?