Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-12-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Field Sobriety Test Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
So he tells me to get out of my car and tells me he's going to give me a field sobriety test.

[/ QUOTE ]

The story should have ended here. Don't agree to take these. Ever. Once they decide to get you out out of the car and have you stand on one foot and say the alphabet backwards and all that nonsense, it's 90% likely they have already decided they are going to arrest you and just want get some more evidence. Don't give it to them.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So he tells me to get out of my car and tells me he's going to give me a field sobriety test.

[/ QUOTE ]

The story should have ended here. Don't agree to take these. Ever. Once they decide to get you out out of the car and have you stand on one foot and say the alphabet backwards and all that nonsense, it's 90% likely they have already decided they are going to arrest you and just want get some more evidence. Don't give it to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. Even if they take him in and he blows a 0.03, failing field sobriety tests can be used against him. Of course, refusal would have resulted in sure arrest, and I'm frankly not sure how he avoided arrest, since he failed two of the tests.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:16 PM

My wife has both prosecuted and defended many drunk driving cases. Everyone claims to have had "two beers," and I think you were full of [censored] here and don't want to admit it, because it [censored] up a great story about the cops "mistreating" you. On top of that, you failed two of the tests, AND acted like an ass. My money says you were DUI and were very lucky to have gotten off.

Advice that you will probably ignore:

1) Always kiss ass when pulled over, even if the cop is being a total dick.

2) Quit drinking and driving.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you were full of [censored] here and don't want to admit it

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, as I already said, I had 1 16 oz beer (Lumpy Dog) at Rock Bottom, 1 sip of Saki at Yokoso and 1 Mandarin & Cranberry at Bar Louie over a 3 hour period.

Not sure why you don't believe someone can have self control when drinking.

If I was lying, how in the hell would I have gotten off without anything happening to me? Police just don't let drunk drivers go home with nothing happening to them. They knew I was sober.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Police just don't let drunk drivers go home with nothing happening to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the case everywhere. I know one city where the department tells the cops not to give DUI's as a matter of policy, and there are many localities where DUI enforcement just isn't a priority. I can't even tell you how many people I know that have gotten pulled over shitfaced, checked for warrants and sent on their way.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the case everywhere. I know one city where the department tells the cops not to give DUI's as a matter of policy, and there are many localities where DUI enforcement just isn't a priority. I can't even tell you how many people I know that have gotten pulled over shitfaced, checked for warrants and sent on their way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I don't believe for a second. There's no way a cop is going to pull someone over and then just let them go when they know they are drunk. If that person gets into an accident, guess whose ass it is?

This is clearly why they wouldn't let me drive home. They didn't have anything on me, but at the same time, they couldn't just let me drive home incase something happened to me on the way.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This I don't believe for a second. There's no way a cop is going to pull someone over and then just let them go when they know they are drunk. If that person gets into an accident, guess whose ass it is?

This is clearly why they wouldn't let me drive home. They didn't have anything on me, but at the same time, they couldn't just let me drive home incase something happened to me on the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have obviously never lived in Wisconsin. I have been with people numerous times when they are pulled over [censored] faced on some back country road. The cops just told them to drive straight home. This only happened in rural areas and I'm sure no big city PD would ever let you go if they thought you were drunk.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been pulled over (doing 70 in a 55, he said), given a field sobriety, 2:30am, I'd been drinking -- and he said "because you've been drinking, I'm not going to give you a ticket."

I don't know if they were looking for an easier prosecution or if they just wanted to put the fear of The Man into me or what, but no ticket.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you were full of [censored] here and don't want to admit it

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, as I already said, I had 1 16 oz beer (Lumpy Dog) at Rock Bottom, 1 sip of Saki at Yokoso and 1 Mandarin & Cranberry at Bar Louie over a 3 hour period.

Not sure why you don't believe someone can have self control when drinking.

If I was lying, how in the hell would I have gotten off without anything happening to me? Police just don't let drunk drivers go home with nothing happening to them. They knew I was sober.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me amend: It is quite possible that what you are saying is 100% true. Statistically speaking, the likelihood that someone claiming to have had two beers actually having had only two beers is small. Cops will tell you that almost everyone pulled over claims to have had "two beers," even those who later test with a BAL of over 0.20. Just going off the probabilities here. Sorry to have questioned your honesty.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:58 PM

Don't drink and drive, jackass.

Jokes aside, don't drink and drive. Without the jackass part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]