Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-07-2005, 09:29 AM

Default do you play above your BR when whoring?

Hi to all, my first post.

Usually clearing bonuses demands to play at certain level like $1/2nl or so, just wondering how beginners should consider this when building BR with whoring? Play like a rock or is there something i haven't fully understand?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: do you play above your BR when whoring?

I would be less inclined to play above my Bankroll at NL than limit.

That being said, I don't see any reason to actually have to play above your BR. There are plenty of bonii out there with a fine clearing rate at the micro-limits sub 1/2 that you should be able to round up at least an affable BR for that limit in no time.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:25 AM

Never. Not even for bonus clearing. It led to some grueling sessions early on, but I came here for poker advice and playing above ones roll is not recommended. Now at 1/2 they clear fairly easy. I tend to avoid the bonii that are difficult or impossible to clear.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:31 AM

Find the bonii that clear at lower levels (Absolute comes to mind). It may not clear fast at .25/.50, but, not going bust while clearing a bonus has a certain draw.

Right now, due to the reqs for clearing I'm not clearing much very often at Interpoker, but, I'm still stacking up the bonus $ for the near future.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:01 AM

I had a big bankroll by the time I started whoring, so not from personal experience. But it seems to me that the bankroll requirements for clearing a bonus at 1/2, especially a 5x or 7x bonus, should be much much lower than for normal play. I wouldn't bother playing above your bankroll for a 10x bonus, since there are some of those you can get at lower stakes.

If you have enough to deposit to max a Party bonus, you should be able to clear it at 1/2 with minimal risk.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:26 AM

you can clear bonuses fine playing in smaller stakes games. many bonuses clear at 10 raked hands/ 1$ with a rake being .25 from the pot. playing .5/1.00 limit, you'll get plenty of raked hands. thats the game i usually clear bonuses with and i'm bankrolled for much higher.

partypoker's bonuses clear extremely fast for the micro stakes player. just aviod the cryptos
Old 08-07-2005, 11:52 AM

Actually if anything I play lower limits when whoring than I do when I'm not. I mainly play .5/1 & 1/2 limit when whoring. There is plenty of sites out there where this is easy enough to do. When whoring I usually play 6-8 screens so at the lower limit I don't have to think to much and just put it on autopilot.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:53 AM

I've never knowingly played a hand of poker that didn't go towards a bonus somewhere [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 03:42 PM

Hi Matey

go here for how i started with $100 BR last weekend - it is now closer to $300 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1

HTH

Cheers

Damian