Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Refer a friend from UB...bogus?

First off, nice forum! I received this email today from UB, funny thing is, I've never played on UB or referred someone to UB! Bogus?

Hi zuluking,

I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that a new player to UltimateBet Poker, zuluking1 , listed you in the 'referred by' field when they set up their account. This means that you are now eligible for our refer-a-friend bonus! When zuluking1 makes a deposit, they will receive a 50% deposit bonus up to $50 bonus dollars and you will receive DOUBLE that amount. So, if they deposit $50, they will receive $25 bonus dollars and you will receive $50 bonus dollars! If they deposit $100, they will receive $50 bonus dollars and you will receive $100 bonus dollars!

Click here to learn more about bonus dollars http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/refer.html

Interested in referring more friends to our cardroom? Just open up our game and click on the 'refer-a-friend' button located on the left side of the game. To read more about our refer-a-friend program details, click here http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/refer.html

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us at memberservices@ultimatebet.com.

Have fun at the tables!

Emma Brighton
Customer Support Manager
memberservices@ultimatebet.com
Old 08-02-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Refer a friend from UB...bogus?

Looks exactly like the emails I have received in the past from UB regarding people that I have referred. Looks authentic to me.

Just login to UB and check your bonus account. You will see it in there if "zuluking1" ever makes a real money deposit.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just login to UB and check your bonus account. You will see it in there if "zuluking1" ever makes a real money deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it's actually possible that someone else wanted the name 'zuluking', and couldn't use it because it was taken.

When asked for a referral ID, he thought.. hmm, that guy's probably cool, because we both wanted the same screen name. I'll give him $50 or whatever.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:01 PM

As plausible as any other explanation. He could've just been watching some tables or something at some point, somewhere and saw a name he liked and figured he would give that person the referral.

Although, I can't remember off the top of my head but I think you have to give the email address of the person who alledgedly referred you. So, if that's the case, then it may be someone you know who just hasn't told you yet.

Who the hell knows. In any event, it appears legit and if they ever make a real money deposit you should get the bonus.