Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Default How do you like to multitable?

Ok, well I've read different things about this. How do you preffer to multitable?

Say you're doing 4 tables at once. Do you...

a) Join 4 tables at once and wait for them to start
b) Join 1 table at a time leaving like 20-30 minutes between joining a table and the next one

I want to make more money and I currently and I'm playing with a .90 ROI and .67 ITM on $1 SNGs... I figure if I can play 4 at once that'll be good for like $3-3.5/hour
Old 07-23-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: How do you like to multitable?

Why not play 1 $5 SNG and save yourself the stress.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:10 AM

Lol. Good luck with keeping those numbers up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I always start my 4 tables at once, and as soon as I'm out of the first one, I immediately start another, and do so until I take a break or go to bed (or start 2+2'ing at 7AM like now).

[ QUOTE ]
b) Join 1 table at a time leaving like 20-30 minutes between joining a table and the next one

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good way to 2-table. Although 30min is way too long an interval even for that. When I 2-tabled, I waited until there were something like 2 hands left of lvl 2 and then started the second table. If you 4-table like that I guess you could wait until the end of lvl 1 or something and then start a new table.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:17 AM

I don't see why those numbers aren't sustainable to at least a .7 ROI or so... too many people on here act as if any ROI over .3 is like way out there... they just haven't seen the $1 SNGs I play
Old 07-23-2005, 12:22 AM

Well I just said good luck to you. Wanna tell us over how many tournaments those numbers of yours are from?
Old 07-23-2005, 12:46 AM

Sure, this is numbers from about 120 SNGs: $.5, $1, $2, $3, $5, $10 games only.

I think the sample size is too small to really show anything and I'll expect my ROI to be about .5-.6 with my ITM being about .5-.6 as well. I would say I'm riding high right now, but I still don't think I'll be at a .1-.2 ROI like lots of people claim is normal.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:53 AM

How to multitable:

Ok say you multitable.
Start all 4 at the same time. When you bust/finish one, start another. Always have 4 running. After an hour it usually has naturally staggered itself. This isn't any harder than playing in just sets (more to watch, but you rarely encouter mostly bubbles at once) and gets a better hourly rate. This is more important the more tables you play (more chance of getting HU = longer sets), the higher the stakes (longer games = longer sets) and the better the player (more likely to make many bubbles which in sets will occur more often than playing them continously).

So basically, start all at once and playing continuously.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't think I'll be at a .1-.2 ROI like lots of people claim is normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? What's so phenomenal about these games that you are playing (and you)? I just can't see how the games can be so much more profitable than party 10+1's unless the whole table is on your side. Which site do you play at and how's the structure like?
Old 07-23-2005, 12:58 AM

I open 5 tables at PS at one time (that's nice about PS) and put the fifth table in the middle. I don't open new tables untill I finish them all. Usually I play all 5 to 50/100 antes 25 in any case. Why opening new tables than?
About multitabling I found out that I play better when I have those 5 tables opened (one even hidden behind the other 4) than if I play one or two tables. Because if I play 2 tables than I have to be doing something else, like watching movie and I'm not concentrated. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I've decided: when you play poker - play poker only. It's better to multitable and than have a break than to play 2 tables for twice as long and doing something else, like websurfing.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:00 AM

I play at Golden Palace and you start with 2000 chips and 9 players.... for my style of play this works out a lot better.... blinds go up every 8 minutes:
20-40
30-60
50-100
100-200
150-300
200-400
300-600
400-800
600-1200
800-1200

For me, this is much much much more profitable than any party STT.... I get a lot more chips, I play against less people, and the blinds don't go up insanely. This way, I get to wait around a lot longer for good hands and get paid off decently on those. I mean 120 games isn't much when compared to what some other guys say they play, but maybe it's a decent indicator