Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Possibly Useful Statistic for SNG Tracker? (Longskies)

Hey -

I'm nowhere near as statistically-brilliant as a lot of other posters, but I was staring at my SNG stats, searching for answers to various life problems of mine, and I thought of something.

Would it be possible to visualize my typical 'Stack Evolution' throughout the course of an SNG? This would basically be a graph where X-axis = blind level and Y-axis = my avg. stack size going into that level.

I think it might be revealing and useful for us to be able to compare Stack Evolutions with each other. Do successful players tend to quietly nurse their stacks for the first two-thirds and then start pumping them up? Do struggling players let their stacks dwindle too much around the 50/100 blinds?

Another possible X-axis would be # of players left. Am I being too laid-back with 5-6 people left? What are other people's average stack sizes going into the bubble.

Maybe these will all be way too similar and I'm dumb. Maybe some cool patterns will emerge if we can look at the average Stack Evolution of a winning performance.

That's my last point: this would need to be filterable by finish. In other words, I would want to be able to see my typical Stack Evolution FOR TOURNEYS I END UP WINNING.

OK - so that's my 1/5 of a dime. Hood/Other programmers, I don't know how impossible that stat would be, but maybe I can compile some of my own data by hand and see if it looks meaningful.

Do Holler Soon!
J Chap
Old 07-21-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Possibly Useful Statistic for SNG Tracker? (Longskies)

i've been thinking about this as well

i think it's a good idea