Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Omaha SNGs are a gold-mine!

I thought I'd try out a $11 Omaha Hi/Lo tourney on Empire today just for kicks. What I found there was amazing. I thought the $11 hold-em players were bad, but these guys have no idea how the game is even played. They don't understand that winning the low can only win you half the pot at best. Imagine having the usual edge on the bubble with the added bonus of getting paid off every time you have a hand. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you know how to play Omaha in the least, try one out some time. Just thought I'd share the wealth.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Omaha SNGs are a gold-mine!

Omaha SNGs were my bread and butter before I realized they were serving chateaubriand in the NLHE section.

30% ROI is attainable longterm at the highest levels, but they don't spread them enough at a high enough limit to make it worthwhile. Even at the $11's it would take you a half hour to load up 4 tables.

I play the PLO-8 $109s whenever one is going, and my ITM% is 100% in July... which gives you an idea of how often they run.

Irieguy
Old 07-20-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Omaha SNGs are a gold-mine!

Damn, I hadn't really checked on the availability of them. Oh well, at least I'll have something to fall back on when I'm having a bad streak and just need a couple wins.