Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

View Poll Results: Does Wacki Have a Secret Crush on Peachy?
No 20 25.32%
Yes 59 74.68%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Greg Raymer Incident Poll .... what would you do?

First, A link to Greg's post

Poll doesn't seem to allow for such a lengthy question, so just look here....

1) If you were playing in the WSOP, and someone was a possible threat to your daughter and wife, would you yell across a crowded room that you were going to kill him if he messed with your daughter or family?

2) If this person actually did mess with your daughter or family, you would kill them. You would be caught, and sentanced to a lengthy jail term for first degree murder.

3) If this person actually did mess with your daughter or family, you would kill them. You are 100% sure you would not be caught, and nobody would ever know except you who murdered this person.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer Incident Poll .... what would you do?

Why?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:55 PM

what is the def. of "mess"

this is very much the deciding factor if you want anyone to play this ridiculous game.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the responses from most people disturb me. Maybe because I'm not married / don't have kids, but it seems like there are 1) better ways to handle it than greg did and 2) killing people is [censored] crazy unless there is a serious and immediate threat to your life/the lives of your family.

Would it really have been that hard to call security as quickly as possibly and possibly have a restraining order put on this person, have him arrested for trespassing, or have him arrested for some other offense that I can't name right now?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because the responses from most people disturb me. Maybe because I'm not married / don't have kids, but it seems like there are 1) better ways to handle it than greg did and 2) killing people is [censored] crazy unless there is a serious and immediate threat to your life/the lives of your family.

Would it really have been that hard to call security as quickly as possibly and possibly have a restraining order put on this person, have him arrested for trespassing, or have him arrested for some other offense that I can't name right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. And, I'm not sure that threatening a crazy person really does any good. If they are really crazy, a threat might be more likely to make them do something than less.

Having security deal with this guy would likely do more good than a threat. It won't be as "cowboy", but it will probably be more effective.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:21 PM

I have to say I agree with Sponger. There's a reason we (or you, me not being american) have a legal system.

In the heat of the moment, a father can be forgiven for issuing a death threat. But I would hope that most people, if they have to answer to this as a hypothetical situation, would agree that letting security/police/legal system deal with these matters are the way to go.

And, as someone else wrote, "messing" is a very loose definition!
Old 07-13-2005, 02:32 PM

I don't think anybody can blame a father for reacting that way, especially with some of the things that already happened to him. He didn't even punch the guy or anything like that. All he did was threaten him.

I'm quite sure we don't need a poll for every time you or anyone else threatened to kill someone. But since it's Raymer, a public figure around here, people feel the need to start threads like this pointing out any flaw in his character they may come across. It's one thing to debate a person's public image, etc, but it's different to scrutinize someone's view of how to protect their family just because they are in the public eye.

I don't know... something about it doesn't seem right.

Raymer has been the target of bad people ever since his win last year, and he has to be much more protective of himself and his family because of that.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg didn't say, "If you mention my daughter again I will kill you." He said if you mess with my daughter I will kill you. And I don't fault him for that. If some psycho attacked your daughter, you would ask for a restraining order?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg didn't say, "If you mention my daughter again I will kill you." He said if you mess with my daughter I will kill you. And I don't fault him for that. If some psycho attacked your daughter, you would ask for a restraining order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if he is in jail, can I still get a restraining order placed against him?

Obviously, if I was with my daughter and some crazy man tried to attack her, I would defend her. The action Greg wants to take it to kill this person after the fact.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The action Greg wants to take it to kill this person after the fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and for some people this is reasonable. For some people a restraining order and jail time isn't enough after someone does something to your family. Either way I don't care. Nothing happened to his daughter and I am glad. Good luck to Fossilman.