Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Signs you have been playing too many Party SNGs?

I think I can now identify all 10+1s based on the table number alone: "11047? Yeah. I remember you."

I also have developed some sort of muscle memory, as I instinctively guide my cursor over the "fold" checkbox while idle.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Signs you have been playing too many Party SNGs?

It's funny, the numbers do repeat a lot. I have a few times actually gotten the same table number twice within the same session. I have no idea why that's possible, but it is.

I find after 25 to 35 SNG's, I start getting real antsy whether I'm winning or losing, like I really just want to do just anything else. I think I have a certain natural control, but it could be a lot better, and it slowly gets worn away from the tension.

That's one of the things I have to work on in a big way. I'd really like to be able to put in at least 8 hours straight without feeling like I'm going to jump out of my skin. I can play ring games an obscene number of hours, but not SNG's. SNG's are much more exciting and gratifying to play, I think, that extra tension works both ways, in my case. It's more fun, and then after a while I've had all the excitement I need for a while and am dying to get the hell out.