Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 07:00 PM

Default I-95 N to AC question

I was always led to believe that the quickest way to AC from the I-95 N (from DC) would be to jump on route 40. During my latest visit (during the big snow storm) I opted to use the AC expressway. It felt much quicker then route 40. The thing is the roads were dead, so I had no traffic. I'm headed down tomorrow and wanted to get some others opinions on what is the best/quickest route.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: I-95 N to AC question

AC Expressway is hands down quicker. Now, how you get to the Expressway the quickest is another issue. Route 40 has a bunch of local yokel cops and state trooper barracks along it, so speeding would be an issue.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:24 PM

You can take 295 or 95 into Philly and then hit the AC expressway. I think 295 is shorter, but the interchanges are really [censored] up. 40 is for suckers. The NJTP is also a bad idea generally.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can take 295 or 95 into Philly and then hit the AC expressway. I think 295 is shorter, but the interchanges are really [censored] up. 40 is for suckers. The NJTP is also a bad idea generally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your in DC what route do you use? What do you dislike about the NJTP? It does look like 295 would be good (on the map anyway). I guess I'll find out how trafic is around 1PM tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I see your in DC what route do you use? What do you dislike about the NJTP? It does look like 295 would be good (on the map anyway). I guess I'll find out how trafic is around 1PM tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been taking 295 in the past, but took 95 home Friday for the first time and wonder if it is faster. 295 is wierd b/c you can't just get on the 42(expressway) going the right direction. When going to AC, the interchange only allows you to get on going toward pa. When driving home, you can't get on 295 south without exiting 42 west and getting back on 42 going east. The signs are pretty useless in this regard also.

NJTP is a pain because there is no interchange with the expressway and you have to drive 10+ miles on a one lane road to get to it as a result. There is traffic and traffic lights meaning delays and you don't want to be that close after a 3 hour drive and going 5 mph.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:24 PM

So from the 295 headed to AC you need to get on 42 headed west and pull a u turn/get off the next exit and reenter headed east? Sounds like NJ is really on top of stuff.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did it this weekend - going to Philly is crazy. Take 95 to I-295 to the NJ turnpike to the AC Expressway. Absolutely the fastest.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So from the 295 headed to AC you need to get on 42 headed west and pull a u turn/get off the next exit and reenter headed east? Sounds like NJ is really on top of stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. And this is still better than 40 or NJTP.

Here's the breakdown on mileage from DC to AC:

40 - 183
NJTP - 191
295 - 196
95 - 200

I've taken them all multiple times (except 95) and the ease of the drive really increases as the mileage increases. I'm going to stick with 95 in the future so long as I don't run into traffic on that route. It doesn't really take you into Philly so I think it should be fine.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. And this is still better than 40 or NJTP.

Here's the breakdown on mileage from DC to AC:

40 - 183
NJTP - 191
295 - 196
95 - 200

I've taken them all multiple times (except 95) and the ease of the drive really increases as the mileage increases. I'm going to stick with 95 in the future so long as I don't run into traffic on that route. It doesn't really take you into Philly so I think it should be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The route I described was 181 miles, and really not difficult at all.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did it this weekend - going to Philly is crazy. Take 95 to I-295 to the NJ turnpike to the AC Expressway. Absolutely the fastest.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have tried this a few times and have never figured it out correctly. how do you get on the ACE from the turnpike? I went this weekend and just went up 95 by philly and then got on 130 i think it was....still faster than rte 40