Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Make youre Firefox MUCH MUCH faster

Hi all;

For all of those who use Firefox, heres another reason why this browser kicks ass. I found this on a websites and it makes my firefox works much much faster.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's something for broadband people that will really speed Firefox up:

1.Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

network.http.pipelining network.http.proxy.pipelining network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.

If you're using a broadband connection you'll load pages MUCH faster now!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the web page that I downloaded this tweak from by the way. Enjoy

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Make youre Firefox MUCH MUCH faster

This works really well - thanks!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:36 AM

why are you posting this here?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:52 AM

Who cares, thanks!
Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 AM

Default sorry

I was under the impression that I should post this here. Can you please direct me to the correct foroum, I will post it there instead.

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 08:46 AM

I'm guessing he did due to the increased use of Firefox from Zoo members over the last week or so. This was all in response to the keyloggers and "I lost my Neteller money" threads.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:49 AM

The OP as well as Mark's response first appeared in the General hold'em forum.

This probably is the correct forum for the mentioned reason. OOT would be good too.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:55 AM

How do you move a thread?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Firefox over IE

First of all thank you for redirecting my thread to the correct forum (whoever did that).

Here are a few things to note for those who are still using IE (Internet Explorer). I am not going to give you the hole speach but I do want you to know (those who havent switched yet) that I have installed Firefox in my work, home and parents home and I have not recieved a single virus ever since, amazing how secure it is compared to IE. Also there was a problem with language support and now it is solved. I am using hebrew which apart from being a very uncommon language it is also written from right to left as oppsed to english all this issues and many more are solved in the Firefox. Not to mention its great extensions and themes. But again the top issue for me is Security and in that it has no comparisson. I have also read that some pages do not dosplay correctly in Firefox, IMO this is BS I have not encountered one web page in over two months that does not display correctly.

For those of you who like Firefox I have downloaded a few days ago Thunderbird (email software) much much better that the crappy Outlook Express, try it.

I know this thread sounds like an ad to the Open Source comunity (which BTW are doing wonderfull job), but unfortunatlly I am still usind WinXP and I can tell you that both Firefox and Thunderbird are top notch products obviously MUCH MUCH better that IE and outlook express.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The OP as well as Mark's response first appeared in the General hold'em forum.

This probably is the correct forum for the mentioned reason. OOT would be good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im confused. i could have sworn that i gave him that reply because it was the general holdem forum. im pretty sure i double checked. hmmm...didnt know you could edit what forum it was in.