Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Ultimate Poker Challenge at the Plaza

Just saw an episode for the first time last night. Man what a hack broadcast. First they had Amir Vahedi as the co-host. He needs to take speaking lessons. How he sold cars with those marbles in his mouth is beyond me. He also needs to stop watching Kevin Nealon and learn to step up his insights from his current lame level.

Perhaps the worst part of the show is the frantic pace of the camera. It is reminiscent of my first attempts at using a Super 8MM camera in the early 1970's. They need to warn people to take a Dramamine before watching.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Poker Challenge at the Plaza

[ QUOTE ]
Just saw an episode for the first time last night. Man what a hack broadcast. First they had Amir Vahedi as the co-host. He needs to take speaking lessons. How he sold cars with those marbles in his mouth is beyond me. He also needs to stop watching Kevin Nealon and learn to step up his insights from his current lame level.

Perhaps the worst part of the show is the frantic pace of the camera. It is reminiscent of my first attempts at using a Super 8MM camera in the early 1970's. They need to warn people to take a Dramamine before watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you ignorant? Stupid? Or just plain dumb? Oh wait, you are worthless troll that has never made one legitimate post.

Amir Vahedi is Iranian you dumbass, before you criticize someone for speech problems, you should step out from under your ethnocentric rock and consider what the reasons are behind someone not being able to speak clear English.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:39 AM

lol.............don't hold back Stew, tell him what you think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 12:47 AM

i personally found teks post as pretty hilarious, but the amir vahedi bashing was indeed a bit unnecessary.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:40 AM

Was this a new one? I've only ever watched last year's where Negreanu won.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:35 AM

Uh, I saw the UPC and woooo nicky B he posts here. I thought Vahedi was useless but even less useless than Chad "brokeass Actor" Brown. The best guest host was definitely Matusow..did anyone see that Mamaluks outfit?? That was just classic.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:55 AM

What channel is this on?

I like Amir .... he never plays scared. I wish he would tighten up just a tad. It seems that he gets called on all his bluffs.

....and I know everything about poker too....now let me get back to dispatching concrete... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 AM

I don't care what he is. I can't understand what he says. Maybe someone who knowd him will give him or the prducer a heads up.

As a consumer/customer I don't have to analyze why I don't like a product or serviced. I also don't have to succomb to politically correct Thought Police indoctrination that has been going on for quite awhile.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:06 PM

You're thinking of Championship Poker at the Plaza, this is something else entirely and just showed the 17th episode. See Ulitmate Poker.

Amir, while fun to watch play, was vitually unintelligible this week.

I am curious how many people enter the tourneys. It seems that half of the final table each week is made up of the same people. I'm glad to see "our" own Nick B. is continuing to do well though.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:23 PM

I think by this time they were averaging about 30-35 people (at best)for each tournament, not quite the numbers they were hoping for when they planned on giving away "millions".

Kevin...