Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 11:37 AM

Default another idea...

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] think of all the attention given storms/hurricanes to florida...now what about those planning retirement...ya think they might be looking elsewhere??

actually this is an onging trend; as fla is no bargain; especially when compared to competitors in ga, sc, miss, ala..

just a thought..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 06:25 AM

Default Re: another idea...

eh... my opinion is that it's still going to get a lot of retirees simply for the elderly's romanticized view of florida (except during these storms of course)...

secondly, although the competing states might have lower prices, they're still subject to hurricanes and tropical storms... maybe not as often as florida, but nevertheless...

i think retirement homes in florida are going to be ok, though... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 10:30 PM

Default Re: another idea...

I think you have it backwards. One of the attractions of FLA is the hurricanes. Hurricanes attract federal disaster money. Hurricanes are actually an asset to FLA not a liability. If there was a financial crises, the federal government might not be able to bail out FLA every few years, in that case FLA might have problems.