Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-30-2004, 07:40 PM

Default Re: I\'ll take a shot.

[ QUOTE ]
Q-5) John Kerry has no experience in the business world other than living off his wife’s trust fund and the bribes he’s collected while in Congress. President Bush has been both unsuccessful and very successful in business. He has an MBA from Harvard Business School and supposedly that’s about as good as it gets. Who do you trust to handle the economy?

-Based on what Bush has done in his first four years, I trust Kerry more. I'm still trying to find the sucessful business venture that it is claimed Bush ran.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it that Bush followers love to say opponents "have no experience in the business world?" Is this supposed to really mean something? Every business ran by George W. was a failure. How does having a history of failing in the "business world" help someone to be a leader?

Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon and Clinton each had little or no "experience in the business world". But each of these presidents did a much better job of balancing the budget and proved to be much more capable regarding other issues which could be considered business-related.

By the way, can anyone here please give us details on George W's "very successful" business ventures.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:36 AM

Default \"George W\'s very successful business ventures\" ?!?

Please post yer answers in the Funniest Movies thread !..

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 04:11 AM

Default Answer

Now he did have an oil corporation that existed on paper only for a couple years, designed to curry favor with Texas oil millionaires. I don't believe he lost much on that one.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: An IQ test for liberals (and AndyFox :) )

jimbo you lost out on this one. the two liberals andy and card counter showed that they are indeed much smarter than the dumb conservatives posting this quiz. one of the few thread with long posts i could stay with all the way.
the two can pm me with their addresses and i will send them a big fat 100 dollar bill. they will get just what they deserve.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:14 AM

That quiz is a train wreck...
Old 08-29-2004, 04:11 AM

It shouldn't take much to realize that it's wrong to say conservatives or liberals are smarter. To state otherwise is to be a bigot. As far as I'm concerned the only valid arguement that you can make is here Political Brain. Even then, I think the results are premature, and incomplete, as it doesn't explain all of the behavioral differences between hardcore conservatives and liberals.

Use www.bugmenot.com to read it.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:47 AM

How about just copying the argument from Political Brain for those of us who wish to read it but have slow dial-up or don't wish to bother using bugmenot to read it?

"It shouldn't take much to realize that it's wrong to say conservatives or liberals are smarter. To state otherwise is to be a bigot."

So...just how does one know that it isn't true that either liberals or conservatives are smarter than the other? Because it would be bigoted to think otherwise?;-)

Groundlessly making statements one way or the other may be bigoted. However stating that on average neither are smarter is unfounded (unless you are aware of some little-known studies).

Bigoted and unfounded are both undesirable from a scientific point of view.

I vote Jimbo design a better test than the one on that link.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Liberal IQ test

Enjoy and oh yeah, if you fail don't feel too bad about yourself. After all it is not exactly a secret. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good IQ test. Thanks for the posting! It can safely be assumed that anyone who believes that test is not one-sided, slanted, and extremely biased is a person with a very low IQ. This would include most "ditto-heads".