Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Good ROI, ITM, avg. finish etc. for Omaha hi-lo sit n gos?

Anyone here play alot of hi-lo sit n gos (either limit or PL) and keep pokertracker data on them? How many of these do I have to play for it to become statistcally relevant? I play the 15 and 32 turbos on stars and wanna see how my stats compare to some other good players here. So if some of you can post some of your stats I would really appreciate it.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Good ROI, ITM, avg. finish etc. for Omaha hi-lo sit n gos?

I play the 33s on Party (limit only) and the 55s if a game ever goes (rarely).

It will be difficult to compare SNGs on Stars to those on Party. My understanding is that Stars starts you with 1000 chips; while Party starts you with 800. Because of the relatively low number of chips on Party, the strategy is, in my opinion, not to play many hands in the early rounds at all. I fold pre-flop most of the hands at 10/15 and 15/30, playing only premier starting hands. I don't know what my VPIP is, but I'd imagine it's very, very low. Even if you play a good % of the hands in later rounds, and even if you pfr a good % of those hands, I'm not sure how much the stats would reflect this, given the number of early hands you don't play.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I think the Pokertracker stats are meaningless for good players in O/8 SNGs on Party. What they do is help me identify the players that don't know what they're doing.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:49 AM

Your poker player stats for sit n goes are pretty meaningless. You should be playing your position and stack sizes and making adjustments for the gap. This has more to do with your opponents and how they play then the cards and how you play.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 PM

Hey Niss what kind of range have you found your ROI in the omaha8 33s on party out of curiosity?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:44 AM

I have a very small sample, as I am a poor record keeper and only recently started to keep good track of my SNGs. Also, due to work and family, I only play at most a couple of SNGs per night.

With that explanation, I have good records for my last 100 SNGs exactly. My ROI in that last 100 is 44.3%, my win percentage is 14.9% and my in the money percentage is 45.7%. While I don't have data for anything before, these numbers don't appear to be much different from whatever I was doing before I started paying better attention, but I can't support that with anything other than my account records.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:39 AM

nice stats but you should win more often... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Wow. isn't that a crazy high ROI? Probably hard to play tons of them because they fill slowly and take longer tho, eh?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:18 PM

I play party 33 PLO8 sit and goes. I played limit 10 on party for a bit also, but didn't buy PT until I started playing the 33s. Here are my stats:

PLO8 33
# Played: 826
Total won: $33,930
Total profit: $6,630
ROI: 24.44%
ITM: 40.19%

1st:116
2nd:118
3rd:101

Comments: just went on a massive down/break even streak where I couldn't buy a first place. Up until about 100 ago, my firsts were way ahead of my 2nds. Oh well.

Claude
Old 12-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Honestly, I don't know how the numbers stack up against others. All I know is that I am profitable, happy with the ROI, and confident in my ability in these SNGs. I wish they could get 55s or even 109s going once in a while.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play the 33s on Party (limit only) and the 55s if a game ever goes (rarely).

[/ QUOTE ]

How do the 33s compare to the Party 11s? I have played a few Party 11s and found them to be soft, but of questionable value because of the time they take. For SnGs, I have been sticking to NLHE of late. If the O/8 33s are not much tougher than the 11s, they might be a nice break from HE, and worth the extra time at that level.

Thanks.