Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: PM me

[ QUOTE ]
Learn how to respond to the right poster, moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NONE OF THOSE QUESTIONS ARE OK!!!!!

not during the play of the hand. even if bk is at a different table and schnieds is in the process of playing a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think that is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

because it is information gleaned during the play of a hand that has the potential to alter the outcome ofthe hand.

if im sitting in a B&M game and not in a hand and a friend comes by and says "seat 1 LOVES to bluff raise the river to take advantage of suckers who go by clark's theorum" that is fine.

if the action is in the middle and the same friend comes by and says it WHILE i still have an option and i call and win the pot, that is wrong.

-Barron
Old 04-05-2005, 01:43 PM

For the record Diablo I'm pretty sure I trust any read I have more than any read BK has, and I'm pretty sure he feels the same about his reads. Especially considering that opponent A may play a hand one way against me and another way against BK. Our IMming if we're on the same table is purely for recreational value, no different from conversing in a live game. I see your point about this being a concern online and I'm sure it happens from time to time.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

not during the play of the hand. even if bk is at a different table and schnieds is in the process of playing a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because it is information gleaned during the play of a hand that has the potential to alter the outcome ofthe hand.

if im sitting in a B&M game and not in a hand and a friend comes by and says "seat 1 LOVES to bluff raise the river to take advantage of suckers who go by clark's theorum" that is fine.

if the action is in the middle and the same friend comes by and says it WHILE i still have an option and i call and win the pot, that is wrong.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you believe one-player-to-a-hand rule exists in online play? I don't believe it does and think it is perfectly fine to discuss a hand in play with someone who is not at the table.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:44 PM

What was your feeling regarding the appropriateness of the three questions I posed? Sure, of course you trust your read the most. But what do you think of getting bk's opinion on questions like that if he is not involved in the hand (but at the same table)?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sh1t. I talk to tons of people while at the same tables. We often tell our hands AFTER the other has folded. It's fun sweating...i dunno. But when we're both in a hand together it's balls to the wall full game without any correspondance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does create an unfair advantage. It helps you narrow your opponents range of hands and gives you more information than everyone else.

It's like showing your cards to you one other player in a live game. That's why they have the "show one, show all" rule.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you believe one-player-to-a-hand rule exists in online play? I don't believe it does and think it is perfectly fine to discuss a hand in play with someone who is not at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i dont think that is acceptable.

-Barron
Old 04-05-2005, 01:53 PM

I think that the Q about the ace is 100% immoral because that's getting into the realm of benefitting from extra info the rest of the table doesn't have (or cannot possibly have access to).

I think the other two questions are sketchy. That is, I don't think it's right but if other people want to do it I really don't care because they're the sort of observational stuff that isn't a concrete everyone-has-the-right-to-know stuff. I don't know how to express this fully, but I look at it as sort of like a college class: I'm going to attend, and I'm going to take my own notes and trust those notes. I don't care if you never go to class and just get all your notes from a friend, and then score better than me on a test. Sure it sucks that happened and someone who worked less did better than me, but I certainly could have tried to ask around for better notes too.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if you never go to class and just get all your notes from a friend, and then score better than me on a test.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about if it was a test where you can bring cheat sheets (2 pages of notes)...after the test began, that no working friend of yours is handed a full sheet that has been worked on by 4 people even though he contributed nothing.

is that wrong?

-Barron
Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sh1t. I talk to tons of people while at the same tables. We often tell our hands AFTER the other has folded. It's fun sweating...i dunno. But when we're both in a hand together it's balls to the wall full game without any correspondance.

[/ QUOTE ]

After thinking about it more, I've decided that this is why David Ross is running so bad and BK is running so good.

No cute smily face here because I'm only half joking.