Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 AM

Default eating crow. advice...

I'm stuck in a scenario where common sense says one thing but pride is another. I have a roomie that I'd rate at around a 4 out of 10 on a scale of 'good roomie'. we get along neutrally - but he does some [censored] that pisses me off and at the moment I'm not happy with him due to some other circumstances. If you were to ask him the same about me he would prob say the same thing except no pissed-off ness. So - the situation has come up that with some pulled strings I could room with a good friend of mine. question is if it's worth it or not. Part of me says I should try. Part of me also says I'm taking an easy way out. I don't want to burn bridges with the current roomie if I go through with it but that seems to be the pussy'ish viewpoint. I'm certain most of you had that roommate you didn't hate but wasn't enthusiastic about. Worth trying?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: eating crow. advice...

Another thought to consider is that pretty much everyone says not to room with good friends as it can cause problems, but not really sure about it.

This year I have two roommates I like and one that I can barely stand the presence of but he's never there anyways. The past two years I've roughed it out with roommates that pretty much sound like yours, and this year I find myself much much happier, it just makes life go smoother in general I think. I'd say go for it.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:54 AM

Eh, it's already Columbus day weekend. You're kind of late in the semester to start changing roommates when your current roommmate is only kind of annoying but bearable. Basically, it seems like you would like the guy if you weren't living with him. But you should definitely look towards changing the situation for next semester. Tell your roommate now that you plan on moving so he has time to set something up for the spring as well.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 AM

i thought this thread was about eating this...

but seriously, if you aren't happy with the guy you are rooming with now, then why the [censored] would you want to continue living with him? some of the things to think about with your old friend and moving in with him...1, does he bring back a lot of girls, 2, is he a slob, 3, do you think this will hurt your relationship if something unfortunate happens?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to burn bridges with the current roomie

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably won't even remember what he looks like a couple of years down the line. Unless he's a future president or something, what's the worry?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:07 AM

I've been in your situation before. I moved in with my friend. I didn't regret it.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:18 AM

reason I'm eating crow is bc I thought he was a really cool guy at the beginning of the year and we could be good friends. sadly this is not the case. and I could not be friends with the guy even if we weren't roomies bc our personalities clash. that plus some things that would take me too long to type out on this phone keypad anyways (waiting for next class). Also the good friend of mine I met at college so its diff than getting a friend from back home to room with.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:08 AM

do you know what "eating crow" means???
Old 10-10-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of me also says I'm taking an easy way out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you are.

but fortunately the hard way - staying in an apartment you don't like - has no redeeming qualities, so there's no reason (besides convenience) you shouldn't do it. you don't want to be this guy's friend, so screw it if it hurts his feelings. he'll probably be glad you're gone. this isn't like "should i skip my mom's funeral to get laid?" it's more like "should i punch myself in the face or go take a nice nap?"
Old 10-10-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you know what "eating crow" means???

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not.