Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the betting now capped?
Yes 60 37.97%
No 98 62.03%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2005, 07:24 AM

Default Re: The SUPERMAN/VADER FINALS!!

bump
Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you realize theres other ways to kill superman?

[/ QUOTE ]

No there isn't! That's the whole point! There is NO other way to kill Superman if the fight is on Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]
i believe there was a point where he was going to drown in a pool? remember that?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're crazy. he used to swim around underwater with aquaman.

[/ QUOTE ]
that was only a cartoon!
Old 03-25-2005, 09:23 AM

Bro, Vader would just "force" super-man's crippled butt underwater or something while blocking his eyebeams with the light saber. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Vader, being oh I don't know about 10x55^22 times smarter would have a kryptonite focusing crystal prepared for his light saber. Getting hit with the refractions from a kryptonite saber should for all intents and purposes be like getting a deadly kryptonite enema. This should not even be debatable.

You're comparing a man who wears tights to a freaking Sith Lord man....
Old 03-25-2005, 09:28 AM

I don't exactly remember the details, but didn't Superman come back from the dead? I'm pretty sure I don't remember Darth Vader ever doing that.

Also, Anakin is a whiny emo byotch, and Superman doesn't fold under the pressure of guys like that.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

wrong. his power is his power. it's not a function of whether the thing he's up against is earthly or not. and we have no idea about what kind of sun or gravitational force, etc. Darth's planet has so you're making assumptions out of your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it makes a big thing about how weak he is on any non earth planet in all the movies.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't exactly remember the details, but didn't Superman come back from the dead? I'm pretty sure I don't remember Darth Vader ever doing that.

Also, Anakin is a whiny emo byotch, and Superman doesn't fold under the pressure of guys like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to point out that in an allegorical sense Anakin too came back from the dead. As a freaking SITH LORD. The argument was not about Anakin, but Vader, they are two distict entities. Yeah blah blah they're the same being, but the emotional maturity and force development is so drastic in the later being that he qualifies as an entirely new being.
For instance, if I said.. "Whatever superman is called by his mother, I can't remember but I think it's in IV" vs. Vader, I would take it to mean Vader was fighting the earlier undeveloped and non superhuman superman. As it stands we have a fully armed and operational Sith lord with lighting bolts, mental domination, cybernetic enhancements, and a giant glowing force sword of death fighting a man wearing blue and red tights.

[ QUOTE ]
the force: as far as the force being strong enough to overpower supermans brain, thats a given. that ugly biotch in the movie tricked him into giving up all his powers, darth vader could make superman hump a football if he wanted to.
a vote here for superman is a bad vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand sir.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because Vader doesn't die. Well...at least not until Episode 6. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that was only a cartoon!

[/ QUOTE ]

only a cartoon? what are you going by? smallville? i'm going by superman's original rules. comic book rules.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that was only a cartoon!

[/ QUOTE ]

only a cartoon? what are you going by? smallville? i'm going by superman's original rules. comic book rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was going by my sense of humor. dont you see the comedy?
maybe my humor is just too advanced for some people around here. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was going by my sense of humor. dont you see the comedy?
maybe my humor is just too advanced for some people around here. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend, I don't think you understand the magnitude of what is being discussed.

There will come a day when you have to put down your crayon's and realize that a man has to make a stand somewhere. This issue affects us all, and should not be taken lightly.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:57 AM

Is this based off the Superman movie or the comic? Because Superman whoops ass pretty much anywhere he goes in the comic book. His powers are not earth-based. I choose Superman because :
He's faster then Vader, much faster I might add.
He has heat vision, something Vader can't do anything about.
His skin is imperveous to most anything.

There are about another dozen ways Superman would destroy Vader. This is a non-fight IMO.