Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Whew... 10,000 action points at Doyles Room - Whored

Let me start by saying... that really sucked. 15.5 hours later, my job is done. SS2 better show up soon....

The major highlights:

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] The client does not have hand histories, or allow anything more than two tables at a time. Two tables actually takes up too many resources from my computer, and it bogged down my whole system (I have a powerful system, it must have been programmed poorly)
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] The user interface is otherwise pretty good. The play is fast and furious.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Just TRY to get a limit game, its almost impossible. On average there were 2 full 1/2 games, 2 1/2 6-max games, and only 1 6-max 2/4 game running. I couldn't even find a 3/6 limit game at all. Only 2,600 players on the site this evening, most are probably playing tournaments. Yuch.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] First 10 hours was all 1/2 limit. The points added up very slowly. Its was painful!
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Last five hours I started playing one 6-max 2/4 table and one 1/2 6-max table at the same time. Suddenly, everything started moving fast. The only way to clear this bonus is 2-4 or higher. Anything less is brutally long.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I normally love playing against LAGs, but I met my match at a 6-max 1/2 game at Doyles Room. He played 100% of all hands, and raised pre-flop 90%. I played against him for nearly 4 hours, watched him build his stack from $40 to $230, and then drop back down to $113 before signing off. Even though it sounds like I would be taking candy from a baby, it was much harder than I ever expected. I broke exactly even after this session was done, and I learned some valuable lessons as well.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] If you plan on getting Super System 2 as the bonus, make sure you enter the bonus code of SS2. There seems to be a bug in their system, if you don't enter the code it will default to the 35% bonus when you deposit with Neteller. I'm trying to have this fixed for me, wish me luck!

That’s it... I won't be playing there again, but I'm glad I earned the book!

TT
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Whew... 10,000 action points at Doyles Room - Whored

Congrats on the marathon. I know this is off subject. But where would i be able to find your rules for the autorate feature on PT. I just got the program and would like to put it to the best use. Thanks
Old 01-06-2005, 04:20 AM

BisonBison's "note on notes" can be found Here

I will agree getting the AP's at Doyle's room sucked and I had to move to 2/4 SH even though I only have the BR for 1/2 SH/full. I went on my worst run ever and finished down $200 at 1/2 and then played even at 2/4. I cahsed out at 10,001 AP's and will never be going back

I will say, however, the look on my old roomate's face when he saw S/S2 a couple of days ago was priceless (that and the $100 for any site...thank you Homer's building a BR thread!). He's the psuedo-fish-but-getting-better type of player. This book is an excellent addition to any library, I just hope he takes Jen Harmon's addition seriously and works his way into the +EV world.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 AM

I cleared the bonus at the start of December and found the games soft and not that hard to come by though shorthanded was a must. Cleared it fairly quickly. If I recall correctly there was a way to play more than two tables at a time by putting yourself on the waiting list for tables after you already had two open. Think I posted something at the time on the Books and Software forum but don't have time to find it.

Still no sign of SS2 though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

In fact I contacted them a while later and was told I wasn't registered for it, that I hadn't entered the code on signup (I had - it was the only reason I signed up in the first place). They fixed it fairly quickly and I was told just before Christmas the book had shipped.

Ayway the point is it might be worth speaking to livehelp under the pretense of "I just cleared 10000AP do I have to do anything else to get the book?" just to get them to look at the account and check you're now registered to get it.

Good Luck
Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 AM

I whored Doyle's room a while back but I opted instead for the bonus money. I liked the software--colorful and very fast. The competetion was soft albeit hard to find at times, considering this is a fairly small site. The Cust. Srvc was at times unhelpful, but corteous nevertheless.

Yes, by opening your tables then putting yourself on the waiting list for more tables, you'll be able to play at more than two tables.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:24 AM

1) Just add yourself to waiting lists after the first two tables, I've 6-tabled DR before.

2) Yes, from people trying to get action points.

3) Can't say much, didn't run into this problem on the NL tables.

4) I cleared the bonus in 6-8 hours playing 4-6 tables of NL.

P.S. I received my book about two weeks after completing my bonus.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:28 AM

ditto on everything. I actually really like the software, very fast and clean
Old 01-06-2005, 11:46 AM

My rules have been incorporated into the default settings of Poker Tracker. Many people here at 2+2 who do not visit the Poker Tracker website are not aware of my ruleset for Poker Tracker, I reccomend anyone who is interested vist the Poker Tracker forum to read up on it's concepts. I weighted the responces to better reflect a small sample size of your opponents, rather than the large sample size of the player using Poker Tracker.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 12:18 PM

The competition was soft 80% of the time, but 20% of the time.... there was some serious competition (probably people doing the same as I was). But I like that, nothing wrong with three sharks at the same table, it just makes me a better player.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM

Why the bonus money? Its not that much (35% up to $140 if I remember correctly), I'd rather whore elsewhere for that. The book is what I want,mmmmmmm leatherbound....