Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2003, 06:10 AM

Default Interesting PLO/8 flop decision

4 handed wild .10-.25 PLO8 game. Player to my left is raising the pot preflop 100% of the hands, he slows down a bit on the flop.

Anyway, I'm dealt Ac3cK4 in the SB ($97), Maniac in the BB ($27), UTG limps ($11), Button calls ($29). I call, Maniac raises pot and all come in.

Flop is Ad Tc Kc. Give me top two/nut flush draw, and backdoor low draw. I check, BB bets pot. UTG folds. Button raises pot. What's my move?

Old 09-02-2003, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Interesting PLO/8 flop decision

I'm not sure if I follow the betting corrrectly, but OTF I assume that the BB makes it $5 and the Button makes it $20. If the button has QJxx, you're a slight favorite. But if he has QcJcxx, he has the bigger hand. I would probably smooth call here, hoping to get the BB's money in the pot. If BB will call with anything here, I may be 1:1 on the hand and getting 2:1 on the pot.

I assume that this is an online game. I don't play online, so I don't know if there are any advantages to playing and showing down draws. If you want to throw the hand away here, I suppose you could, but it's not a bad hand and neither guy can hurt you w/ < $30 stacks.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:06 PM

i think my play here is to call so as not to knock the maniac out, even though he'll likely fold anyway.

with top two, the nut flush draw and a backdoor low that should win, you have way too much hand to fold here against an opponent that's nearly all in. plus, if the guy had a set of aces, he would have been likely to reraise the maniac preflop. a reraise would tend to be more scary to the maniac than a flat call, so i call here and plan to go all in on the turn (even if it's a ten).
Old 09-03-2003, 02:32 PM

In a 4 handed game as you described this has to be a reraise here. If the aggressive player slows down on the flop theres no reason to believe that he wouldnt call a reraise if he had intentions to call the raise. At worst your a 3-2 dog heads up and with the dead money probably even EV. At best you take the pot down 50% with multi way action equals big EV. Long term EV will go way up when you begin to push these hands hard because when u do flop a monser youll be paid. RERAISE no question about it put them both all in now.