Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Theory: Stack Efficiency in SNGs

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know how many players are left and other things before attempting to answer this question, as I believe these are important factors that may affect the villians play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you give an example of a situation in which my theory wouldn't hold?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:15 AM

Well your opponent would be less willing to make a move in some spots and more willing in others, if there were 4-5 players left. Also it seems like with about 4000-4500 in combined chips between these two players, there could be some other game conditions that apply. Give me an exact example (# of players, stack sizes etc) and I'll give my answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hurry though, gotta go in 10 minutes.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 AM

Oh I didnt read your theory btw, because I wanted to answer on my own before seeing it. Don't like to read too much so I can be unbiased. In my opinion you want to steal most often from mediumish stacks as opposed to small and large ones. I thought this was a reasonably basic concept, but you seem to have given it a different name.

When you steal from a small stack they are pretty desperate, and will move allin a lot, whereas if they are a medium stack the risk/reward just isn't there a lot of the time. A large stack can reraise a lot for other reasons....as the chips they are raising often don't mean so much to them (although when you have 1900 in chips, its almost impossible for them to reraise on a bluff with the idea of folding, so theoretically its not that big a deal)