Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Party Million V: Two Questions

1) Does anyone know how to buy in directly because i can't find any info on their site?

2) Does anyone know the age requirement because again this isn't visibly listed on their site?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Party Million V: Two Questions

[ QUOTE ]
1) Does anyone know how to buy in directly because i can't find any info on their site?

2) Does anyone know the age requirement because again this isn't visibly listed on their site?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... All I know is I am going!!!!

Sorry, just really excited that I won a satellite on PP two weeks ago. When you figure all this out, I'll see you on the boat.

FWIW, I believe the age requirement is 21. E-mail PP customer service, they're pretty helpful.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:03 AM

pretty sure it says 21 to play in the tournament somewhere on their website (in T&C's or FAQ's or something).

also would guess that they aren't even accepting direct buy-in's currently but who knows?
why don't you just ask customer-support about buying-in on your own. One would think they would be happy to accept your money and get you all set up!!

Kramer - I pm'ed you back but haven't heard back from you so not sure if you got it.
Congrats again on scoring the cruise.
did you find out for sure if it departs out of Miami?? (this year the ports of call are Cozumel and Cayman Isls.)
Old 09-14-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure it says 21 to play in the tournament somewhere on their website (in T&C's or FAQ's or something).

also would guess that they aren't even accepting direct buy-in's currently but who knows?
why don't you just ask customer-support about buying-in on your own. One would think they would be happy to accept your money and get you all set up!!

Kramer - I pm'ed you back but haven't heard back from you so not sure if you got it.
Congrats again on scoring the cruise.
did you find out for sure if it departs out of Miami?? (this year the ports of call are Cozumel and Cayman Isls.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops... don't think I got that one Micro. Still haven't heard any new details on the cruise, let alone a simple e-mail from Party confirming that I even won the damn thing.

Wait, so are you saying you know that it is leaving from Miami this year? I'm a little confused, as my tropical-island-geography is lagging big time.

PS - Will you be joining me on the cruise? How'd you fare the rest of the week? Shout back at me when you get a chance.

BTW, saw you "mentioned" me on your blog. Made me excited.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:52 AM

From: http://www.partypoker.com/news/party...-satellite.htm

"Please note that players in the PartyPoker Million V event have to be at least 21 years of age. This is a World Poker Tour requirement."
Old 09-14-2005, 11:54 AM

And regarding Direct Buy-ins:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/party...ect_buy_in.htm

Guess I was helpful after all.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:26 PM

thank you very much for the info and the time you took. Unfortunately, i'm not 21 and i'm disappointed because i was looking forward to buying into this event.

Anyways, thanks again and have a great time on the cruise.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 PM

I haven't qualified as of yet.
will still be trying...but there's more action for the Aussie millions coming up in january...and not as many single-table qualifiers for the PPM V running.

I have made the final 2 tables in a couple of my tries but busted out.
No close calls at all in my last 3 tries. 70th out of 430 was my best...but only the top 10 got the cruise.
I don't feel I've been playing very well lately.

There is still a chance that I will go anyway even if I don't win a seat.
Won't buy-in directly to the tournament...will just purchase a cabin.

Last year the cruise departed from San Diego and went down the Pacific (Mexican Riviera) past Cabo San Lucas (didn't stop) down to Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta (both on the Paciifc Coast obviously...north of Aculpulco).

Nothing about this year's stops on the Party site that I've seen...but in cardplayer magazine in the ad for their cruises it is now listing the PPM V ports as being in Cayman Isls. and Cozumel.
This is the caribbean side of Mexico.
(and I thought I had seen something elsewhere on party at one point about it being a Caribbean cruise this year but haven't seen that little info lately).

For a cruise to these ports-of-call I would think that the most likely departure locations would include Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers (2 hours west of Miami and 2.5 hours south of Tampa), Tampa/St. Pete and New Orleans.
Obviously New Orleans is not likely to be an option anymore.
Just my guesses anyway.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thank you very much for the info and the time you took. Unfortunately, i'm not 21 and i'm disappointed because i was looking forward to buying into this event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez - you're under 21 but you have $5K (or whatever it is) to spare to buy into a poker tournament? you got some generous parents or something?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:25 PM

haha.

firstly, the buy is $10,200.

secondly, no, my parents are not extremely generous; at least with money.