Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: a 10/20 hands that felt weird ...limping K5s

[ QUOTE ]
Every street looks like a complete disaster to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically, just fold this hand at first opportuntiy.
the fact that you managed to pump 4BB into this pot is looking fairly nasty.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every street looks like a complete disaster to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the line I was going for was "donkey playing a flopped fush" or once I get HU its the "I think your overcards or big diamond draw missed and I will value bet to the end."

Preflop is somehting that has come out of the whole DERB thing and reading Izmet Fekali's stuff--most of which was written for full games but I have been using it for direction for finding extra hands to mix up the shania preflop.

Flop raise was to figure out if anybody in the blinds had a hand or not. Sucks CO calls 2.

So getting raised on the turn sux but i figure there is still a chance I am ahead as the flop call 2 could have been a big diamond draw so i call and pray for a non-diamond river.

River is still low enough i decide I dont feel like calling a bet and figure betting is my only chance of winning...
Old 11-17-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
terrible

raise preflop. high card value and you want the button. suitedness makes up for your little kicker.

on the flop I ram and jam. equity is good enough to go all 4 bets. only change it up if a diamond hits.

on the turn he raises you, hmm. prob 3-bet. read dependent IMO but too often it's the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] lookin to cash in on a big payday. [censored] party.

river is ezzz c/r. all day all pay.

youll get killed in this game with this pussy play you [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy should do stand up
Old 11-17-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

river is ezzz c/r. all day all pay.

[/ QUOTE ]
i really appreciated this part.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:25 AM

Where did you read Izmet's stuff?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you read Izmet's stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

google izmet fekali and hit up the second result.
"playing with the fish"

however most of it is aimed at loose full table games--so applying any of it to 6-max is potenially quite wrong.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:26 PM

So however much of a donkey you feel I was up to the point where I bet the turn...I'd like some thoughts on my decision to call the turn raise and then bet the river.

Once I get raised the pot is now pretty big...you guys dont think I'm good enough of the time?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once I get raised the pot is now pretty big...you guys dont think I'm good enough of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is read dependent, but if you assume that you can improve and win 5% of the time on the river you have to be ahead 25% or better to call down the raise, possibly even higher considering that there's a decent chance that if you improve you still lose and you lose an extra bet or two in the process depending on how you play it.

But that isn't all, if villain is raising the turn with an unpaired hand but something like the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] you still are going to lose around 25% of the time which means you now have to be ahead on the turn close to 1/3 of the time to make your play correct.

Against an unknown do you really think you are good one time in three here?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is read dependent, but if you assume that you can improve and win 5% of the time on the river you have to be ahead 25% or better to call down the raise, possibly even higher considering that there's a decent chance that if you improve you still lose and you lose an extra bet or two in the process depending on how you play it.

But that isn't all, if villain is raising the turn with an unpaired hand but something like the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] you still are going to lose around 25% of the time which means you now have to be ahead on the turn close to 1/3 of the time to make your play correct.

Against an unknown do you really think you are good one time in three here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not...I guess this one of those things where you make a poor move, get lucky and then start thinking you did something good. Here, against this guy, maybe I did but in general I agree it doesn't looks so good.

Results: I bet river, he thinks...then folds and I take it down.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:12 PM

The lowest Kxs I play is K7s and that's if I'm on the button when I'll open raise it or call after a limper.

Does anyone else go lower or play it earlier?