Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 04:42 AM

Default 2/4 SH HU hand: midpair + flushdraw on paired board on the turn

Hi guys. I've discussed this hand with many people in another forum und there were different opinions to this hand, so I'd like to take your advice.

villian is 77/15/1,4. this af seems a bit aggressive to me with 77%VP$IP.

the streets: tiny pott on the flop. I assumed he may bet any flop in this situation so I raised to get some information. Now on the turn I hit a piece of the board, I didn't have any idea if im am ahead or not, so I decided to call it down if no club comes on the river.

Now many guys told me to raise the turn to take a free SD.

I like semibluffs on the turn but in this case vs this villian I didn't. I was afraid of a 3 bet vs this aggro af and that I have to call it down UI on the river. I saw ZERO foldequity of villian with a better hand and I didn't worry to keep him in the hand if I'm ahead, cause if he bluffs why keep him of the hand? I gave him a maximum of 4,5 outs when he holds no club und I give him the chance to hit a "poisoned" out that could give me at least 2 BB on the river.

What do you think to this line?
Would a semibluff on the turn make more sense, if I didn't hit a piece of the board?

Thanks for advice!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hotte is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hotte checks.

Flop: (2 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hotte raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hotte calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hotte calls.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hotte calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 10-21-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: 2/4 SH HU hand: midpair + flushdraw on paired board on the turn

I like it. He can have a Q or a 3. I think he raises a pocket pair preflop. If he has 3x, he might have 3 outs above your 5, but that's not much to worry about protecting against, and you don't want to get 3-bet with your flush outs. The T on the river changes nothing about what his hand was on the flop unless he had T3 so I like the call.