Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KTs play along

Preflop: Fold because you need to fall out of love with coldcalling before it attmtps to stab you while you're sleeping with the knife you use to cut bagels.

Flop: Raise, lots of outs and lots of callers. At this level I think you're less likely to get 3 bet by a one pair hand and more likely to get a fee card if you want.

Turn: Call and it's not close. You're not drawing dead nearly enough to fold.

River: Raise. UTG+2 will call pretty often with an ace and the other guy's definitely calling. If MP3 3 bets I'd cap. Whoever mentioned raising the river and folding to a 3 bet really needs to think about the hands these guys can have and how they can't be better than yours.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:49 AM

I'm gonna say capping the river is spewing. From a passive 2/4 player, a 3 bet here is almost certainly a house.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 AM

u get at least 4,5 to 1 and probably 5,5 or 6,5 to 1 for the preflop call. this is an EASY call against 2/4 players.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u get at least 4,5 to 1 and probably 5,5 or 6,5 to 1 for the preflop call. this is an EASY call against 2/4 players.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're also likely to be dominated and may not have the button. This is not an easy call.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u get at least 4,5 to 1 and probably 5,5 or 6,5 to 1 for the preflop call. this is an MARGINAL call against 2/4 players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
u get at least 4,5 to 1 and probably 5,5 or 6,5 to 1 for the preflop call. this is an MARGINAL call against 2/4 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm depends on the time u play. On american prime time this is an easy call, on european prime time its maybe marginal. of cuz u can be dominated, but u play this hand cause its suited not 4 winning with top pair. And on the average >30% VP$IP table limpers in genereal can have any trash
Old 10-03-2005, 11:03 AM

Yes, it depends on what time it is. Agreed.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm depends on the time u play. On american prime time this is an easy call, on european prime time its maybe marginal. of cuz u can be dominated, but u play this hand cause its suited not 4 winning with top pair. And on the average >30% VP$IP table limpers in genereal can have any trash

[/ QUOTE ]

I kidna like the way this is thinking, but I'd rather just say "it depends on who you're playing with".

Based on some of the euro's I've played with, I'd say this is a great 3-betting and capping the flop unimproved with hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-03-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kidna like the way this is thinking, but I'd rather just say "it depends on who you're playing with".

Based on some of the euro's I've played with, I'd say this is a great 3-betting and capping the flop unimproved with hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] nice1.^^ i know that "easy call" may sound a bit sloppy, but its definitly +EV unless ur table is very tight. And cause i avoid tight 2/4 tables its a call 4 me^^
Old 10-03-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop? C'mon....