Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Whats ur line here: 2 pair on a 3 suited turn vs ultraaggro

preflop limper is a fish 58/12/1,4 58 hands. thats y I raised preflop. threebettor is tight ultraaggressive 12/7/9,3..WTF??? 233 hands

his turn bet confused me, I decided to let him bluff, if he does and to bet the river if he checks (unless 4th heart comes) and not to risk a 3bet, if he has the flush.
on the other hand he could have a one card flushdraw und would call my turn raise anyway? or should i raise the river?

thoughts to that line?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 07-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Whats ur line here: 2 pair on a 3 suited turn vs ultraaggro

I'm raising the turn here. His three bet could be a result of him reading you for an isolation raise. Better yet, it could be the result of a big hand, in which case you likely have him beat.

Bet.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:49 PM

With that third heart coming, not raising the turn is criminal.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:56 PM

A ultra-aggresive player donkbets a 3-flush. I'm raising with 2-pair 100% of the time here.

If he had the flush-draw why wouldn't he have semi-bluffed it on the flop with a bet or c/r?

He probably has QQ or JJ, maybe even AA and f'd up his play.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:00 PM

generally a player this tag is a nut-peddler clearly..

I like the call down. folding seems -ev.. even against someone this tight.. he might bluff sometimes.

I think the right move, however.. would be to raise him on the turn and fold to a 3 bet. Or if he calls and bet the river fold also..

This puts in the same amount of bets but if brings your Fold equity way up against this tight player. anything he's 3 betting probably beats you. probably 99 or KK...

I think AA is possible here too. I would hate too fold to that. Its a close call here..
Old 07-21-2005, 04:00 PM

okay...i already thought i was too passive that hand

thx!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:05 PM

It's really not close. Top 2 pair on the flop is a monster 3-handed, and even a mediocre TAG knows how to play back in blindsteal situations. Calling is weak-tight, and folding simply out of bounds. It's easy to shy from these situations and call down, but it will cost you bets in all sorts of ways.

SB could have a heart, overpair, and all sorts of junk pair hands with redraws that he won't fold and will probably call down.