Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Stupid line?

[ QUOTE ]
"MP is passive, with a .5 rating."

This screams BET IT HARD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on UTG, I think there are other lines that might get you more value. Against aggro opponents, I've really become a fan of the bet/3-bet flop line...
Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 AM

"Depending on UTG, I think there are other lines that might get you more value. Against aggro opponents, I've really become a fan of the bet/3-bet flop line..."

This does not make good sense with what OP said. Vallain is a PASSIVE player, UTG is just some fish along for the ride. After the flop action, you for sure need to bet the turn because NO ONE played back on the flop C/R & it is VERY likely to get checked thru which is a DISASTER.

Against aggro opponents lots of things are done differently, but that is not what this post deals with.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:18 AM

True, I was thinking that C/C flop, and betting from there might get more out of UTG then the CR because even dumbkins who limp UTG can fold weakish hands instead of calling 2 cold...If you are going to CR the flop, AND you get two callers, and the PFR is passive, then you have to bet all the way...