Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Mistake in a Home Game?

4-handed $1 no-limit HE. There is only one $1 blind. $100 buyin.

UTG is an experienced player. I know his game pretty well. He knows mine, and he respects it. He knows what he's doing and he is aware of what's happening at the table. Basically, he's pretty good. That said, he does tend to bluff too much at times, and he sometimes is a little loose. He's a bit of a LAG. Also, when he gets a monster hand (either pre or post flop), he min-bets or min-raises. He simply can't not min-raise his monsters. He's aware that I know this about him however, and he might min-raise me to represent the monster, hoping I'll fold.

Preflop: UTG raises to 3. This is the table standard. I've seen UTG make this raise with good hands and with complete bluffs. He has bluffed from UTG. I am dealt AJo on the button. My choices are fold or raise. I'm not convinced that my hand is beat. I want initiative. I re-raise to 9, expecting a fold most of the time. UTG calls. Other opponents fold without putting any money in the pot.

Flop: (2 players, $19) Flop comes J 8 2, rainbow. UTG checks. I bet 15. UTG calls the 15.

Turn: (2 players, $49) Turn comes K rainbow. UTG bets $30, and has around $35 behind. I know that if this hand continues, UTG will be all-in on the river. I cover. I fold.

How did I do?