Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Galloway at Senate Hearing

Amazing character. Very spiky and aggressive, but also lucid and smart. Should be fun.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Galloway at Senate Hearing

I have to say that I'm not a Galloway fan, but the doughty old political pit-bull gave an inspiring performance.

Interesting to note that Fox cut away to their own spin commentator about halfway into the hearing, whereas CNN aired the whole thing live, with commentary afterward.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 PM

This guy was completely self-serving. He's trying to wiggle out of his profiteering by blaming everone else. Everyone is at fault for the war except for his Money-buddy Saddam Hussein. This guy belongs in jail.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy was completely self-serving. He's trying to wiggle out of his profiteering by blaming everone else. Everyone is at fault for the war except for his Money-buddy Saddam Hussein. This guy belongs in jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:09 AM

Evidence?

You are confusing BGC.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:11 AM

He was fun to watch.

I think he basically went toe to toe and, at least in debating points won.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:30 AM

He was very animated, but also lucid as you said. I enjoyed watching it. He stuck it to the neocon fascists at 1600 Penn Ave.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurray for american justice, guilty until proven innocent, land of the free my ass. You should all got your house in order before throwing this nonsense around, the US should hang its head in shame.

Mack
Old 05-18-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Galloway opens fire :

[ QUOTE ]
"I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims, did not have weapons of mass destruction. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to al Qaeda. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to the atrocity on 9/11, 2001," Galloway told the panel's Republican chairman, Sen. Norm Coleman of Minnesota.
<font color="white">. </font>
"Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong.
And 100,000 people have paid with their lives -- 1,600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies, 15,000 of them wounded, many of them disabled forever, on a pack of lies."

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder those Washington sewer rats are after him.

CNN Report
Old 05-18-2005, 06:53 AM

"This guy belongs in jail. "

For what, exactly. The evidence against Galloway is incredibly thin. It rests on several documents that refer to oil concessions given to a Jordanian businessman that supported Galloway's Mariam Appeal organisation with donations. A handful of times, the documents mention either Galloway's name or the name of the Appeal in brackets next to his name. Assuming the documents aren't, like others found in Iraq implicatiing Galloway, forgeries, the documetns prive very little at all; someone could have been using Galloway's name to their own advantage, or they could simply be indicating that the businessman was a known supporter of the appeal. Absolutely no evidence that Galloway persoanlly profited from oil trading has been presented. Most outragoues is the claim that he used the Appeal to launder Iraqi oil money; the British Charity Commission carried out its own detailed investigation into teh Appeal, with access to far more infomration than this committee had, and found no evidence of anything like this, something the Commission seems entirely unaware of. Added tot hat that much of the report makes very litle sense (the kickbacks it claims the businessman paid to the Iraqis were worth more than the profit he could have made selling the barrels on) and that all of this was alleged to have happened in 1999/2000, when Galloway began campaiging for Iraqis in the early 1990s, and you ahve very little to go on.