Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 01:51 AM

Default 5/10 6-max hand at Prima

Five players. I'm under the gun with 500, Villain is BB with 300. The third guy involved has 1500, and is either an excellent hand reader or just calls too much. He's won quite a few large pots with questionable calls.

I open for 30 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Two callers, including Villain in BB

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Pot ~90

BB checks, I bet 60, both call

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Pot ~270

Check-check-check

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets 80, I ???

I called, not expecting the third guy to have a flush because he'd have to have checked it on the turn. I had the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so that seemed improbable to me. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd had something like K8, as those are the kind of hands he'd been calling with. I was worried about the BB, but in the end decided to call because I got 4-1 and figured he might be bluffing.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: 5/10 6-max hand at Prima

I don't think you did much wrong - I probably would've potted the flop as your flop bet feels week and makes it easier for them to draw, but whatever.

I don't play shorthanded very often, but in full games, I've started limping with AQ a lot - maybe that's not the right play when short, but I thought it worth mentioning.

You have to call the $80.