Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Hand advice

Need a little advice on how you all would have handled this.
This is at a Party $100NL table. Only showing my chip stack and the villian's since we were the only ones involved. Hero is in MP3, villian is in the SB and has seen a lot of flops but appears to play pretty well after the flop. I have been playing tight and have only showed down strong hands. Villian appears to be observant and has probably noticed this.
Hero $172
SB $226
Dealt to Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
1 limper, hero raises to $4, fold around to SB who calls, BB folds, limper folds. Pot $10.50

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets $8, hero raises to $25, SB re-raises to $50, hero???

<font color="white"> hero pushes, sb calls. sb turns over 22. SB's set holds up to clean hero out. Hero begins braying like the donk he is!!.</font>
Old 12-17-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Hand advice

i would have raised more preflop (to 5). if hero has probably noticed that you're tight and have only been playing strong hands, you can call this flop, keep the pot small, and play poker.

if i did decide to raise, i would either call his reraise and reevaluate the turn or just muck to the reraise because his play screams set. actually, screw that, just fold he has you beat.

i think pushing is horrible (i think you realize this) because you basically flip your cards over (either TT, overpair, or overs/flush i guess) allowing him to fold pretty much everything you beat and call with pretty much everything that beats you, and you still have 150bbs.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:01 AM

It looks a lot like a set, that said you posted the results so this might just be results oriented thinking. I would probably fold here.

The bet three bet OOP looks super fishy, and its rarely ends up being something thats beat by one pair.

That said, I don't see many hands calling your allin that youre ahead of. Yup I definately think I fold to the three bet.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:23 AM

Folds after the minreraise. I only know of a set plays like that. Everything else you played great.