Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Over and flush draw

I make a lot of semi-bluffs, but I'm just wondering what the best way to play this specific hand is?

Here's 2 examples from Pacific .5/1 NL-- I keep a 40$ stack.

Hand 1: Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Preflop-- 5 limp, hero completes, BB checks
-- With so many limpers, I knew I couldn't narrow the field, so I just called too.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- Hero checks, BB bets 3$, 3 calls, Button raises to 6$, Hero raises all in, button calls.

OR?

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]in CO.

Preflop-- 5 calls, hero calls, SB completes, BB checks

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- BB bets 6$, 3 calls, hero calls,

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- BB checks, MP bets 10$, MP2 calls, hero calls, BB calls
-- I was sure all but the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was a live out, so the call was easily justified.

Should I have raised the 2nd one all in?

Should I usually be raising 1 overs and nut flush draw all in? Or does it depend on how much money is in the pot, and how much bluff equity I think I have?
Old 06-04-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Over and flush draw

in both spots, i would have just called and tried to make my hand as cheaply as possible. those fools at pacific are going to pay you off every time you hit but will call any time you semibluff. so just try to make your hand as cheaply as possible, then bleed them out. against not retarded players, you can push back with the nut flush draw. not here
Old 06-05-2005, 12:08 AM

I think you are overplaying your draws here. I may be wrong, but while drawing I think you want to see the cards for as cheap as possible. By you going all in you are making it as expensive as you can, and although you are drawing to the nut flush in each case, you are still drawing.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:41 AM

i have to agree mostly with beginner, draws are not meant as push hands. a semi bluff is a great play but its main use is if u dont feel your opponents won't pay u off if u hit your draw. also a semi bluff is not the smartest play in a multi way pot seeing that someone has u beat and u r trying to put your money in as a dog. i too luv to semi bluff but only when im getting good fold equity and have a lot of outs, u should avoid a push without added outs to your flush not counting overs. good luck .