Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Some of the biggest Business blunders in history...

- IBM Executive Board circa 1976 "Ok we got the market cornered with our new personal computer platform. Thats where the big money will be. Who cares about the software, thats just small potatoes compared to the hardware. Lets let that geek with that operating DOS thing have the contract for now to supply that end of it."

- CEO of Western Union in 1880's in response to Alexander Graham Bell: "You are correct, i am sure your talking device would be a great way to use our nationwide infrastructure of telegraph poles and cables, but i am not interested. We are one if the biggest companies in the world, and don't have time for your little 'toy', which as far as im concerned has very little actual use."

- Russia (around 1850) to US :" U wanna buy alaska for 25000?"

- Partypoker (this week) to their skins and biggest customers: "We are not happy about players leaving us for better deals with our skin partners. So we are cutting them off at the knees in order to force those heavy volume players back to our site, and screw our partners in the process. We are God in this market and will stay so forever so we can do whatever we deem in our best interest, at the expense of our long time partners and customers."

OK i know i am getting carried away a bit...and some of those quotes arent precise, but the jist is there.

Might party look back years from now and live to regret the past week?

What they are doing is pretty brash to rest of network around them, including customers.